- Time is Running Out for the Future of Game of ThronesPosted 8 days ago
- HBO Grants Game of Thrones Epic Season 4Posted 77 days ago
- Dispute Gets Game of Thrones Actor The Tyson VS Holyfield TreatmentPosted 84 days ago
- Game of Thrones: George R. R. Martin Makes a Cameo in Season 4Posted 87 days ago
- Jon Snow & Ygritte Get Cozy In Game of Thrones Portraits!Posted 90 days ago
- Watch The Newest Game of Thrones Trailer!Posted 91 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is a Beast Waiting to be StirredPosted 93 days ago
- Game of Thrones Recap: Get Caught Up On Season 2Posted 99 days ago
- Game of Thrones Extended Season 3 Trailer Has Bears, Sex, Flaming Swords and Everything ElsePosted 106 days ago
- Game of Thrones: Shadowed Cast in New Season 3 PostersPosted 108 days ago
Damon’s Weekly Noise – Oct 19 2008
So we are on our second week, hopefully they get better each week! This week we have some new categories to look at, hopefully we will find a rhythm with what categories I am going to go with each week. I will be making accommodations for the holidays as well for any that were worrying.
Best Television Show of the week: I am going to go with Crusoe. Yeah you are now saying this guy is nuts. Let me explain a bit though. Take in the overall package of this show. We have great actors and actresses, in High Def. this show is magnificent, the scenery also magnificent. The story itself is not bad and the Disney style humor thrown in somehow works. Plus I LOVE the fact that it is only going to be 13 episodes, give us a nice story with an ending that is planned for.
Worst Show of the week: This week I did not get to watch enough t.v. to really have a worst of the week show. I will do better next week I swear.
Random media thought of the week: How old is too old for Facebook? I’m 35 and Im creeping up there, do I have to delete mine when I get to 45 or something? This is how I’m going to answer it, if you had computers running a web browser when you were in college you are ok, if you are older than that, maybe you should stick to Bingo.
70s/80s/90s media that has followed me this week:For whatever reason this past week, Duck Tales has been popping up all over the place. I had a talk about it at work with one of my co-workers as he bought the dvd set, and the while I was at my parents helping them prepare for the garage sale this weekend, blam, Duck Tales on VHS. Scrooge is my type of dude, good in his heart, but still out to make the loot.
Show I am missing the most this week: This can be a show that either is on hiatus or that has just been cancelled. This week with the dates firm on Battlestar Galactica I think that is the show I am pining for. Let me see it, let us get to the ending so I can move on. Do not get it twisted, I love the show, but all this waiting is crazy.
Book/Series I want to read that I do not have a copy of: Jay has me all amped up for these Matthew Stover books, especially since he just reviewed Caine Black Knife. You know I trusted him on only one author so far that I would not have read without him, Scott Lynch, and it turned out to be some of my favorite fantasy books. Then again I have not been able to get into Erikson and I am told I would love it. No matter how many times I read Gardens of the Moon I can’t get more then halfway through it. Del Rey show me some love.
Best Cover from review copy of the week: This week I am going with the cover to Lamentation by Ken Scholes. Forgive me as the inside cover did not give me the name of the artist. I am really a sucker for a wrap around cover, and the ARC cover wrap around is setup perfect, even the spine works in the grand scheme. I case you could not tell I am more of a fantasy art fan then sci fi or abstract art fan. Deal with it.
Comment on this post here.