- HBO Grants Game of Thrones Epic Season 4Posted 51 days ago
- Dispute Gets Game of Thrones Actor The Tyson VS Holyfield TreatmentPosted 58 days ago
- Game of Thrones: George R. R. Martin Makes a Cameo in Season 4Posted 61 days ago
- Jon Snow & Ygritte Get Cozy In Game of Thrones Portraits!Posted 63 days ago
- Watch The Newest Game of Thrones Trailer!Posted 65 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is a Beast Waiting to be StirredPosted 67 days ago
- Game of Thrones Recap: Get Caught Up On Season 2Posted 73 days ago
- Game of Thrones Extended Season 3 Trailer Has Bears, Sex, Flaming Swords and Everything ElsePosted 80 days ago
- Game of Thrones: Shadowed Cast in New Season 3 PostersPosted 81 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is Chaotic in New Teaser from HBOPosted 101 days ago
Willem Dafoe in Disney’s John Carter of Mars
I’m very excited about the John Carter of Mars. First, I’m a fan and collector of the old pulps, so when it was reported that one of my favorite writers (Michael Chabon) was contributing on the film it immediately became BSC business to follow. We now can add Willem Dafoe to the previous casting news.
We’ve seen statements that this project may be a Pirates-like project for Disney and the Dafoe cast follows the announcements from last month that Taylor Kitsch Lynn Collins (X-Men Origins: Wolverine, True Blood). If you remember, we also posted the video interview where Thomas Hayden Church revealed he’d be in the film as well, but still no official confirmation.
Dafo takes on the role of Tars Tarkas, a fierce green Martian warrior, who’s unusual among his savage race for his ability to love.
As a related aside, you can read an excerpt of Chabon short fiction (published in McSweeneys) called The Martian Agent: A Planetary Romance. The film is being directed by Andrew Stanton (Finding Nemo and WALL-E) and will be an adaptation of A Princess of Mars (1917), the first of the Burroughs Barsoom novels.