- HBO Grants Game of Thrones Epic Season 4Posted 50 days ago
- Dispute Gets Game of Thrones Actor The Tyson VS Holyfield TreatmentPosted 57 days ago
- Game of Thrones: George R. R. Martin Makes a Cameo in Season 4Posted 60 days ago
- Jon Snow & Ygritte Get Cozy In Game of Thrones Portraits!Posted 63 days ago
- Watch The Newest Game of Thrones Trailer!Posted 64 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is a Beast Waiting to be StirredPosted 66 days ago
- Game of Thrones Recap: Get Caught Up On Season 2Posted 72 days ago
- Game of Thrones Extended Season 3 Trailer Has Bears, Sex, Flaming Swords and Everything ElsePosted 79 days ago
- Game of Thrones: Shadowed Cast in New Season 3 PostersPosted 80 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is Chaotic in New Teaser from HBOPosted 100 days ago
Gandalf Knows Bilbo – Ian McKellen has the word
But we still don’t! After much speculation on who would be playing Bilbo in the upcoming del Torro/Jackson production of The Hobbit film, we finally get some kind of word from somebody in the actual know that there has indeed been a Biblo cast. Of course the one who holds the knowledge is one of the Istari.
I saw this over at Collider last night, where they pointed to a theonering.net report. There were two ‘important’ details dropped by the actor as he attended a special screening of The Lord of the Rings in London. First, he noted that he expects to receive the script very soon, and the second (and more fan friendly) is that the role of Bilbo has been cast. The subject of the Biblio cast has been a point of speculation and has included names like Radcliffe, Tennant, and McAvoy. Last week, Radcliffe outright said he’d not take the part even if offered–which he says it has not), the latter seems the fan favorite, but as the report indicates, McAvoy has what seems to be a schedule that isn’t flexible that includes his recently announced involvement in I Am With Cancer, a Seth Rogen produced film, and as /Film indicates, has been in negotiation for a role in Robert Redford’s The Conspirator.
I’d expect more details to start rolling out soon. The report is quick to specify that this is unconfirmed, and the veracity is entirely related to how much you trust the word of Sir Ian McKellen. So basically our status is that facts most likely now exist, we just don’t know them, but it’s more thank likely it will get out rather soon.
How very Gandalf!