- HBO Grants Game of Thrones Epic Season 4Posted 46 days ago
- Dispute Gets Game of Thrones Actor The Tyson VS Holyfield TreatmentPosted 53 days ago
- Game of Thrones: George R. R. Martin Makes a Cameo in Season 4Posted 56 days ago
- Jon Snow & Ygritte Get Cozy In Game of Thrones Portraits!Posted 59 days ago
- Watch The Newest Game of Thrones Trailer!Posted 60 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is a Beast Waiting to be StirredPosted 62 days ago
- Game of Thrones Recap: Get Caught Up On Season 2Posted 68 days ago
- Game of Thrones Extended Season 3 Trailer Has Bears, Sex, Flaming Swords and Everything ElsePosted 75 days ago
- Game of Thrones: Shadowed Cast in New Season 3 PostersPosted 77 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is Chaotic in New Teaser from HBOPosted 96 days ago
John Rhys-Davies not in The Hobbit. Kind of….
A day late and all that, but it’s Tolkien related and beyond that, master dwarf news. John Rhys-Davies, who has been my boy since playing in Rodrigues in Shogun has confirmed he has been asked, and is not going to be in del Toro/Jackson The Hobbit film…at least not as Gloin, father of Gimli.
Rhys-Davies told Empire:
I’ve already been asked and to be honest with you, I wouldn’t. I have already completely ruled it out. There’s a sentimental part of me that would love to be involved again. Really I am not sure my face can take that sort of punishment any more.”
He did go on to say that he’s (generally, not referencing the film specifically) that he’d rather play a different role, (but then he brought up an Elf). Bottom line is that it looks no Rhys-Davies as Gloin, or any dwarf, but perhaps another role is not out of the question. He can definitely pull it off without sticking out, an I actually feel he’d be much more intrusive playin another dwarf than another role.