- HBO Grants Game of Thrones Epic Season 4Posted 52 days ago
- Dispute Gets Game of Thrones Actor The Tyson VS Holyfield TreatmentPosted 59 days ago
- Game of Thrones: George R. R. Martin Makes a Cameo in Season 4Posted 62 days ago
- Jon Snow & Ygritte Get Cozy In Game of Thrones Portraits!Posted 65 days ago
- Watch The Newest Game of Thrones Trailer!Posted 66 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is a Beast Waiting to be StirredPosted 68 days ago
- Game of Thrones Recap: Get Caught Up On Season 2Posted 74 days ago
- Game of Thrones Extended Season 3 Trailer Has Bears, Sex, Flaming Swords and Everything ElsePosted 81 days ago
- Game of Thrones: Shadowed Cast in New Season 3 PostersPosted 83 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is Chaotic in New Teaser from HBOPosted 102 days ago
Dexter – “The Getaway” (Season 4 Finale) – review
Dexter Season 4 Finale “The Getaway” (episode w.12) – as the noose tightens, Arthur warns Dexter to back off. But Dexter will do anything to stop Trinity from eluding him, even if that means putting himself on the wrong side of the law. Rita acknowledges the rocky relationship she and Dexter share, but reaffirms her support. Batista and LaGuerta face the consequences of their actions. Debra unearths a deeply hidden truth, but not one she expected to find. And ultimately, Dexter and Arthur find themselves on a collision course, leading them to a confrontation that will change their lives forever.
All season long the tension between Arthur (The Trinity Killer) and Dexter has been simmering to a ferocious boil. Dexter has been allowing Arthur to live so he could learn from Trinity how to appear “normal.” Yet Dexter learns too late that a monster is still a monster even when his disguise seems flawless. Dexter has become the hunted as he rushes to get to Trinity before his “idol” gets to his family. Anyone who has seen this finale will tell you it is a real nail-biter, from the moment Trinity leaves Dexter’s place of employment till he is lying ritualistically bound awaiting Dexter’s killing blow. As Dexter dumps Trinity’s body in the ocean like all his other vigilante slayings, the viewers may have felt a lull begin to rise, and just might think it was a rather dull ending for a great season. This is Dexter; happy endings are for other characters!
Our last images of Dexter’s Season 4 brings his life full circle as he discovers Trinity has killed his beloved Rita. But worst of all, Dexter discovers his son, Harrison, crying on the bathroom floor sitting in his dead mother’s blood. We see Dexter carry away his child much like his own father Harry carried a young Dexter away from a brutal murder many years earlier. Throw in Debra finding out about Dexter’s past and that he is related to the “Ice Truck Killer” from Season 1, and you witness Season 4 going “nuclear” at its end. The jaw-dropping event left me numb and oddly fascinated. Dexter was becoming soft in a way this season, but now, with an ending like this, what does it all mean?
This has been the best season of Dexter yet, and now the writers have their work cut out for Season 5. John Lithgow’s performance was absolutely fantastic, and I don’t think we will see acting like that again on Dexter anytime soon. I am awed and totally impressed at the way everyone on this show has made it the best thing on television. The only downside to this episode was that Season 4 is now over, and any hints for Season 5 elude us faithful viewers due to the secrecy of the production team. A killer ending to and already killer show…WOW!