- HBO Grants Game of Thrones Epic Season 4Posted 47 days ago
- Dispute Gets Game of Thrones Actor The Tyson VS Holyfield TreatmentPosted 54 days ago
- Game of Thrones: George R. R. Martin Makes a Cameo in Season 4Posted 57 days ago
- Jon Snow & Ygritte Get Cozy In Game of Thrones Portraits!Posted 60 days ago
- Watch The Newest Game of Thrones Trailer!Posted 61 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is a Beast Waiting to be StirredPosted 63 days ago
- Game of Thrones Recap: Get Caught Up On Season 2Posted 69 days ago
- Game of Thrones Extended Season 3 Trailer Has Bears, Sex, Flaming Swords and Everything ElsePosted 76 days ago
- Game of Thrones: Shadowed Cast in New Season 3 PostersPosted 78 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is Chaotic in New Teaser from HBOPosted 97 days ago
NBA ALL-Star Celebrity Game and Final Fantasy XIII
Yes, when I first read about it I did a bit of a double take, but now it just starts to sink in and make some sense. NBA players and fans alike enjoy their video games so The NBA and Square Enix announced a promotional partnership that makes Final Fantasy XIII the presenting partner of the 2010 NBA All-Star Celebrity Game.
What this means is that the Final Fantasy XIII game with have mass exposure during NBA All-Star Jam Session where the game will be played. It will also receive mucho air time during the broadcast on ESPN. It seems there will also be an area where fans can preview the game, which comes to PS3 and Xbox 360 on March 9th, 2010.
We also know that the NBA is the most global of all the “American” sports so this makes sense.
“FINAL FANTASY XIII ,the next evolution in videogame entertainment, will appeal to first time players and series fans alike,” said John Yamamoto, President and CEO of Square Enix, Inc., “We are delighted to be the presenting partner at the NBA All-Star Celebrity Game and give fans a chance to experience the most highly anticipated game of the year before it launches on March 9.”
“FINAL FANTASY is a storied brand in the videogame category and this partnership will bring an exciting new element to this year’s NBA All-Star Celebrity Game,” said Mark Tatum, NBA Executive Vice President of Marketing Partnerships. “A good portion of our fanbase overlaps with the young, videogame-playing audience, so it is a natural fit for us to partner with a leading franchise like FINAL FANTASY around one of our marquee All-Star events.”
While I may not have had much time to follow every game during the NBA season, I am always a fan of the All-Star Weekend and in particular the All-Star Celebrity Game which takes place tonight, February 12th at 7:00 PM EST on ESPN. The 59th NBA All-Star Game will be played in the Dallas Cowboys’ new stadium in Arlington, Texas.