- HBO Grants Game of Thrones Epic Season 4Posted 50 days ago
- Dispute Gets Game of Thrones Actor The Tyson VS Holyfield TreatmentPosted 57 days ago
- Game of Thrones: George R. R. Martin Makes a Cameo in Season 4Posted 60 days ago
- Jon Snow & Ygritte Get Cozy In Game of Thrones Portraits!Posted 63 days ago
- Watch The Newest Game of Thrones Trailer!Posted 64 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is a Beast Waiting to be StirredPosted 66 days ago
- Game of Thrones Recap: Get Caught Up On Season 2Posted 72 days ago
- Game of Thrones Extended Season 3 Trailer Has Bears, Sex, Flaming Swords and Everything ElsePosted 79 days ago
- Game of Thrones: Shadowed Cast in New Season 3 PostersPosted 81 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is Chaotic in New Teaser from HBOPosted 100 days ago
Red Skull to be First Avenger: Captain America Movie Villain
After touching a bit about a Marvel property that isn’t going to be adapted to film by Marvel Studios yesterday, I’m glad to get back to the potentially quality Marvel film projects and what’s being reported at a variety of online outlets present at two separate information outlets, a press junket for The Wolfman (which First Avenger: Captain America director Joe Johnston also directed) and conference call. Love that The First Avenger is going to be in World War II film, and LOVE the news coming out of that they are going find a way to put the central and natural protagonist in such a film in, as I read over at Comingsoon that Johnston revealed this:
“Virtually the entire story except the bookends are in World War II because we all recognize we have one chance to tell the origin story of how he became Captain America, you can’t tell a modern story and then go back and tell the origin story. If you’re going to do it, let’s do it. Let’s do it first. Everyone wanted to tell an origin story. There was a version where it was a modern story and it didn’t work.”
He also revealed that the Red Skull will be the villain in this, an origin movies. Collider has the transcript of parts of the aforementioned conference call that dealt with First Avenger: Captain America, which included revealing that Johnston hopes to have the cast wrapped by March 1st. The Red Skull character’s history is a bit convoluted, but most people consider Johan Schmidt to be the true Red Skull (or more accurately, only know him as the Red Skull) and I’ll probably get into this as a future post over at Vogue Immunity (where collecting remains uncool even with my presence), talking first appearance(s).
If you are a fan of the Marvel Studios films, you know that Captain America has been teased in previous films via the Alternate scenes in the DVD for The Incredible Hulk (as illustrated here by FSR) and the iconic shield in Iron Man, on Tony Stark’s lab table.
Can’t wait for this one and to see who is cast as Steve Rogers (it better be Rogers)!