- HBO Grants Game of Thrones Epic Season 4Posted 48 days ago
- Dispute Gets Game of Thrones Actor The Tyson VS Holyfield TreatmentPosted 55 days ago
- Game of Thrones: George R. R. Martin Makes a Cameo in Season 4Posted 58 days ago
- Jon Snow & Ygritte Get Cozy In Game of Thrones Portraits!Posted 61 days ago
- Watch The Newest Game of Thrones Trailer!Posted 62 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is a Beast Waiting to be StirredPosted 64 days ago
- Game of Thrones Recap: Get Caught Up On Season 2Posted 70 days ago
- Game of Thrones Extended Season 3 Trailer Has Bears, Sex, Flaming Swords and Everything ElsePosted 77 days ago
- Game of Thrones: Shadowed Cast in New Season 3 PostersPosted 79 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is Chaotic in New Teaser from HBOPosted 98 days ago
Mapathy Cure, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Map Pack Injection
If you can’t read the latest Infinity Ward ad image depicting a condition they’re calling “Mapathy”, here it is:
Mapathy (often express as, “How the hell did you know I was there?”) is a state of indifference to the same old maps one has been playing for the last several months. The Mapathetic individual no longer derives pleasure from blowing up people hiding in the cockpit or on top of the crane. More than 20 million people may be at risk for Mapathy.
Clever use of fictitious medical terminology to get across a valid point. Infinity Ward’s Robert Bowling returned to Tweeting after a week’s blackout following the shake-up at the developer. In a recent tweet, Mr. Bowling cited that, across all platforms, 25 million players have been online with Modern Warfare 2. Is anyone surprised by that number? I know grandmothers who are playing it.
It’s no wonder Infinity Ward is pushing to release the first map pack for Modern Warfare 2 on the Xbox 360 on March 30, 2010. PC and PS3 release dates to be announced. Why isn’t the pack coming to all platforms at the same time? Simple: at launch, the Xbox 360 comprised 55% of the 7 million day one sales, the PS3 33%, and the PC 12%. The Xbox 360 audience bests the PS3 and PC numbers combined by 10%. It’s no wonder the XBL community is nabbing the pack first. For the rest of us, we’ll just have to wait a tad bit longer.
No details are known about the pack or pricing, just that XBL players are getting it on March 30th.