- HBO Grants Game of Thrones Epic Season 4Posted 49 days ago
- Dispute Gets Game of Thrones Actor The Tyson VS Holyfield TreatmentPosted 56 days ago
- Game of Thrones: George R. R. Martin Makes a Cameo in Season 4Posted 59 days ago
- Jon Snow & Ygritte Get Cozy In Game of Thrones Portraits!Posted 62 days ago
- Watch The Newest Game of Thrones Trailer!Posted 63 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is a Beast Waiting to be StirredPosted 65 days ago
- Game of Thrones Recap: Get Caught Up On Season 2Posted 71 days ago
- Game of Thrones Extended Season 3 Trailer Has Bears, Sex, Flaming Swords and Everything ElsePosted 78 days ago
- Game of Thrones: Shadowed Cast in New Season 3 PostersPosted 80 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is Chaotic in New Teaser from HBOPosted 99 days ago
Idris Elba to Ghost Rider 2?
Well, he was the epitome of cool in the big screen heist movie, Takers, and now Idris Elba is feelin’ the love from one of the most recognized comic book giants in the world. Just yesterday, we brought you the news that Marvel had lot’s for the actor to do in the coming years. I’d love to see a Luke Cage movie (he’s the comic book character Nicolas Cage stole his fictitious surname from, you know), and apparently so would Marvel Studios, possibly with Elba in the title role. That’s according to Collider.com, the source that also mentioned Elba as a hopeful for a possible Blade revamp. Now that one I could do without. He just isn’t among my favorites, unless he’s teaming up with Spidey (in fact, we have Spider-man news).
Now THR explains that Elba is in negotiations for a role in Ghost Rider 2. The script is being penned by David S. Goyer who is making DC Comics news because he’ll also be writing Superman: The Man of Steel for producer Christopher Nolan and his recently named director, Zack Snyder. Nic Cage is set to reprise his role as The Rider and Ciaran Hinds (Go rent his spooky thriller Eclipse now!) may be cast in the film as the devil. Eva Mendes won’t be returning to the franchise.
London-born Elba will be portraying “an alcoholic warrior monk tasked with finding Ghost Rider” if the contracts get signed. Tasked by whom? Probably Satan. That guy likes his clergy sloshed, am I right? Elba will also solidify his Marvel Studios worthiness in his upcoming role in Thor. He’ll play Heimdall, an Asgardian god who is an “all-seeing and all-hearing guardian sentry”.
And as if his future couldn’t get any brighter, THR also reports “Elba recently came on board a new adaptation of James Patterson’s best-selling Alex Cross books; he starts work on Cross in 2011. [His] character previously was played by Morgan Freeman in Along Came a Spider and Kiss the Girls.”