- Game of Thrones Trailer Has a Taste For VengeancePosted 2 weeks ago
- Game of Thrones: Nathalie Emmanuel Promoted For Season 5Posted 3 weeks ago
- Go Behind the Scenes of Game of Thrones Season 4Posted 3 weeks ago
- Get Excited Over Game of Thrones Season 4 Photos!Posted 1 month ago
- Game of thrones Season 4 Trailer: Don’t Expect Any JusticePosted 2 months ago
- HBO Announce Game of Thrones Season 4 Premiere Among OthersPosted 2 months ago
- Game of Thrones: Get A Good Look At The New MountainPosted 2 months ago
- Game of Thrones Reveals Identity of Styr, Casts Yuri KolokolnikovPosted 4 months ago
- Game of Thrones Season 4 Adds British Actor Joel FryPosted 5 months ago
- Game of Thrones Recasts The Mountain A Second TimePosted 6 months ago
Idris Elba to Ghost Rider 2?
Well, he was the epitome of cool in the big screen heist movie, Takers, and now Idris Elba is feelin’ the love from one of the most recognized comic book giants in the world. Just yesterday, we brought you the news that Marvel had lot’s for the actor to do in the coming years. I’d love to see a Luke Cage movie (he’s the comic book character Nicolas Cage stole his fictitious surname from, you know), and apparently so would Marvel Studios, possibly with Elba in the title role. That’s according to Collider.com, the source that also mentioned Elba as a hopeful for a possible Blade revamp. Now that one I could do without. He just isn’t among my favorites, unless he’s teaming up with Spidey (in fact, we have Spider-man news).
Now THR explains that Elba is in negotiations for a role in Ghost Rider 2. The script is being penned by David S. Goyer who is making DC Comics news because he’ll also be writing Superman: The Man of Steel for producer Christopher Nolan and his recently named director, Zack Snyder. Nic Cage is set to reprise his role as The Rider and Ciaran Hinds (Go rent his spooky thriller Eclipse now!) may be cast in the film as the devil. Eva Mendes won’t be returning to the franchise.
London-born Elba will be portraying “an alcoholic warrior monk tasked with finding Ghost Rider” if the contracts get signed. Tasked by whom? Probably Satan. That guy likes his clergy sloshed, am I right? Elba will also solidify his Marvel Studios worthiness in his upcoming role in Thor. He’ll play Heimdall, an Asgardian god who is an “all-seeing and all-hearing guardian sentry”.
And as if his future couldn’t get any brighter, THR also reports “Elba recently came on board a new adaptation of James Patterson’s best-selling Alex Cross books; he starts work on Cross in 2011. [His] character previously was played by Morgan Freeman in Along Came a Spider and Kiss the Girls.”