- HBO Grants Game of Thrones Epic Season 4Posted 48 days ago
- Dispute Gets Game of Thrones Actor The Tyson VS Holyfield TreatmentPosted 55 days ago
- Game of Thrones: George R. R. Martin Makes a Cameo in Season 4Posted 58 days ago
- Jon Snow & Ygritte Get Cozy In Game of Thrones Portraits!Posted 61 days ago
- Watch The Newest Game of Thrones Trailer!Posted 62 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is a Beast Waiting to be StirredPosted 64 days ago
- Game of Thrones Recap: Get Caught Up On Season 2Posted 70 days ago
- Game of Thrones Extended Season 3 Trailer Has Bears, Sex, Flaming Swords and Everything ElsePosted 77 days ago
- Game of Thrones: Shadowed Cast in New Season 3 PostersPosted 79 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is Chaotic in New Teaser from HBOPosted 98 days ago
Marvel’s The Avengers Headed to Mexico
Marvel Studios is tackling The Avengers, a film that will most likely become one of their most expensive and ambitious endeavors in their history. Only time will tell if the huge risk pays off.
The Avengers boasts the largest superhero ensemble of any film ever produced by a major motion picture studio, featuring characters that have (or will have by time of release) appeared in their own action adventure on the big screen, and Variety has recently revealed that the cast and crew of the mega-movie will be heading to New Mexico next spring to start principle photography.
New Mexico governor Bill Richardson stated in a press release:
“In addition to being our biggest production to date, THE AVENGERS will be the most technologically advanced and will provide cutting-edge training opportunities for our crew,” said Richardson. “I’m announcing this as a Christmas present of sorts to the people of New Mexico. This is a perfect example of the incredible job creation, economic impact and global visibility this industry has brought our state over the past eight years, and of the need to keep it moving forward.”
Albuquerque Mayor Richard Berry was just as excited, “We welcome The Avengers to Albuquerque and look forward to hosting Marvel Studios over the coming year. Clearly, Albuquerque remains a premiere city in the U.S. for production.”
In regards to the filming location, Louis D’Esposito, Co-President of Marvel Studios, said, “We are incredibly excited to be returning to New Mexico with The Avengers. We had a terrific experience shooting portions of THOR in the Land of Enchantment and we are looking forward to making New Mexico even more of a home on our next production. The Avengers is our biggest film to date and New Mexico is the right place for us to shoot the film.”
The Avengers is expected to be in theaters on May 4, 2012, but you don’t have to wait until then to check out the superhero line-up courtesy of this pic from Comic-Con, and you can also hear Samuel L. Jackson explain the team’s mission in the teaser trailer.
With a huge all-star cast and high expectations, I think the film will either be a huge hit or a huge flop. There won’t be any middle ground for this one.
Do you think The Avengers will be one of the most awesome movies ever made or an accident that should have been avoided?