- Game of Thrones Reveals Identity of Styr, Casts Yuri KolokolnikovPosted 4 weeks ago
- Game of Thrones Season 4 Adds British Actor Joel FryPosted 2 months ago
- Game of Thrones Recasts The Mountain A Second TimePosted 3 months ago
- Game of Thrones Secretly Casts Michiel Huisman To Replace Daario NaharisPosted 3 months ago
- Game of Thrones Casts Joseph Gatt In Secret Role; Likely Playing StyrPosted 3 months ago
- Game of Thrones Snags Sherlock Co-Creator Mark Gatiss for Mysterious RolePosted 5 months ago
- Game of Thrones Crowns Spring’s Most Downloaded ListPosted 6 months ago
- Time is Running Out for the Future of Game of ThronesPosted 6 months ago
- HBO Grants Game of Thrones Epic Season 4Posted 8 months ago
- Dispute Gets Game of Thrones Actor The Tyson VS Holyfield TreatmentPosted 9 months ago
Oprah Winfrey in HBO Film’s Ruined?
Deadline.com reports the queen of talk, Oprah Winfrey, is in negotiations to possibly appear in an upcoming film adaptation of the 2009 Pulitzer Prize winning play, Ruined. This is the dramatic final season of Oprah’s television talk show. She has already acted in The Color Purple and Beloved as well as lent her voice to Charlotte’s Web and The Princess and the Frog.
Whether or not Oprah acts in the film, she is already attached to the project in another way. “Ruined has been a top priority project for Harpo since Winfrey and Forte moved the company over from ABC to HBO. They have set up several projects so far, including a 7-hour miniseries adaptation of America: In the King Years, based on the Taylor Branch book trilogy.” That’s not all Deadline had to report. It seems Oprah has also “attached herself earlier this fall to an untitled feature comedy with Meryl Streep and Sandra Bullock that is being written and will be directed by Sex and the City’s Michael Patrick King for Universal Pictures.” Now that’s news! What a cast!
Here is a synopsis of Ruined I snagged from lajollaplayhouse.org:
As a civil war wages in the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Mama Nadi runs a canteen where a soldier can spend the evening in the company of beautiful women — for a price. Profiteer Mama Nadi is determined to keep the war at bay and the money flowing at any cost. But it’s the humor, hope and sheer force of the courageous women who work there that ultimately triumph.