- Game of Thrones Reveals Identity of Styr, Casts Yuri KolokolnikovPosted 1 month ago
- Game of Thrones Season 4 Adds British Actor Joel FryPosted 2 months ago
- Game of Thrones Recasts The Mountain A Second TimePosted 3 months ago
- Game of Thrones Secretly Casts Michiel Huisman To Replace Daario NaharisPosted 3 months ago
- Game of Thrones Casts Joseph Gatt In Secret Role; Likely Playing StyrPosted 4 months ago
- Game of Thrones Snags Sherlock Co-Creator Mark Gatiss for Mysterious RolePosted 5 months ago
- Game of Thrones Crowns Spring’s Most Downloaded ListPosted 6 months ago
- Time is Running Out for the Future of Game of ThronesPosted 6 months ago
- HBO Grants Game of Thrones Epic Season 4Posted 8 months ago
- Dispute Gets Game of Thrones Actor The Tyson VS Holyfield TreatmentPosted 9 months ago
Henry Cavill is Zack Snyder’s Superman: Man of Steel
Look! Up in the sky! It’s a bird, it’s a plane, it’s… Henry Cavill. That’s right, friends and neighbors. Deadline brings news that the Man of Steel now has a face, and it’s a familiar face to those who have tuned in to Showtime’s The Tudors.
Henry Cavill isn’t exactly a newbie since his portrayal of Charles Brandon on the Showtime series but he’s not a big name either, which sticks with the tradition of former Superman actors, Christopher Reeve and Brandon Routh. Cavill has also had his eye on a big-name franchise for a few years now. In 2005, he went for the role of Batman but lost out to Christian Bale. He also made a play for James Bond but was considered too young to be 007 so the role went to Daniel Craig.
Cavill’s luck could finally be turning around. In regards to stepping into the familiar red and blue costume, director Zack Snyder has said, “In the pantheon of superheroes, Superman is the most recognized and revered character of all time, and I am honored to be a part of his return to the big screen. I also join Warner Bros., Legendary and the producers in saying how excited we are about the casting of Henry. He is the perfect choice to don the cape and S shield.”
In addition to claiming the prize role in the Superman reboot, Cavill will also be appearing on the big screen in Immortals, as Greek warrior Theseus, who battles the Minotaur and Herecles (Hercules), as well as the gods, Poseidon and Zeus.
The new Superman is scheduled for a December 2012 release.