- HBO Grants Game of Thrones Epic Season 4Posted 50 days ago
- Dispute Gets Game of Thrones Actor The Tyson VS Holyfield TreatmentPosted 57 days ago
- Game of Thrones: George R. R. Martin Makes a Cameo in Season 4Posted 60 days ago
- Jon Snow & Ygritte Get Cozy In Game of Thrones Portraits!Posted 63 days ago
- Watch The Newest Game of Thrones Trailer!Posted 64 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is a Beast Waiting to be StirredPosted 66 days ago
- Game of Thrones Recap: Get Caught Up On Season 2Posted 72 days ago
- Game of Thrones Extended Season 3 Trailer Has Bears, Sex, Flaming Swords and Everything ElsePosted 79 days ago
- Game of Thrones: Shadowed Cast in New Season 3 PostersPosted 81 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is Chaotic in New Teaser from HBOPosted 100 days ago
January Jones talks Emma Frost and X-Men First Class
Emma Frost, also known to Marvel Comics fans as The White Queen is one of the sexiest women to ever grace a comic book. Actress January Jones has been hard at work portraying the telepath in the big screen prequel X-Men: First Class. She recently told the Los Angeles Times, “I’m sure I will still disappoint someone.” But when it comes to giving life and flesh to a well loved character, it is impossible to live up to the whole world’s expectations. Don’t stress too much, Ms. Jones!
Furthermore, Jones took the character with hopes of breaking free of the world of her television series, Mad Men. Everyone needs a genre break now and again. So imagine her surprise when she discovered Frost and Betty Draper have a lot in common. “When I heard that this installment of ‘X-Men’ was gonna take place in the ’60s I was like, ‘Oh my God, you must be kidding me!’ But I read the script and familiarized myself with the character of Emma Frost. She’s so, so far from Betty and from ‘Mad Men,’ and it takes place in that time but it doesn’t feel like a period movie.”
In fact, the Times delivered one more piece to the puzzle for fans who are anticipating the release of another X-Men film.
A Kennedy-era prequel to the three previous X-Men films, “X-Men: First Class“ finds Charles Xavier (James McAvoy) and the man who will become known as Magneto (Michael Fassbender) discovering their powers for the first time. The plan is to present them as onetime friends who are pulled down very different paths by life experience and their own worldviews. Some members of the creative team have said that the public-life trajectories of two 1960s icons — the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. and Malcolm X — have informed the story arc. Emma Frost, meanwhile, is a member of the villainous Hellfire Club, and she possesses the mutant power to morph into a diamond form.
Frost has been voted “the hottest comic babe” by IGN, ranking her above dreamy and dangerous vixens like Black Widow, Power Girl, Elektra and Catwoman. Those are some skimpy boots to fill! “The costumes are insane,” Jones revealed. “It’s a lot of very body-conscious stuff. If you look at the comic book, she’s barely dressed. She’s got quite the bod, which is very intimidating.” Here at BSC, we’ve given fans a glimpse of one white get up already.
We’ll unleash one last secret from the set. Just how is Emma Frost’s diamond transformation achieved? “I don’t have to do all the crazy prosthetics,” Jones said. “When I morph into my diamond form, it’s all done on computer.” We can’t wait to see more! Speaking of seeing, did you see the pics of what might be the X-Jet?