- HBO Grants Game of Thrones Epic Season 4Posted 49 days ago
- Dispute Gets Game of Thrones Actor The Tyson VS Holyfield TreatmentPosted 56 days ago
- Game of Thrones: George R. R. Martin Makes a Cameo in Season 4Posted 59 days ago
- Jon Snow & Ygritte Get Cozy In Game of Thrones Portraits!Posted 62 days ago
- Watch The Newest Game of Thrones Trailer!Posted 63 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is a Beast Waiting to be StirredPosted 65 days ago
- Game of Thrones Recap: Get Caught Up On Season 2Posted 71 days ago
- Game of Thrones Extended Season 3 Trailer Has Bears, Sex, Flaming Swords and Everything ElsePosted 78 days ago
- Game of Thrones: Shadowed Cast in New Season 3 PostersPosted 79 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is Chaotic in New Teaser from HBOPosted 99 days ago
Debra Messing Glee Style in SMASH
Debra Messing is returning to NBC, according to TVLine, and if that’s not enough to bring back fond memories of Will & Grace then maybe the fact that she’s squaring off against a male character who happens to be gay will connect those dots for you.
Messing is putting the finishing touches on a deal to star in Smash, which sort of sounds like Glee on Broadway. The show follows a group of characters that work at putting a Marilyn Monroe musical on the Broadway stage. Messing will play Julia, a lyricist who isn’t totally on-board with the commercialism of a musical based on the classic sex goddess. This point of view tends to put her at odds with Tom, the musical’s gay composer.
The script for Smash was written by Theresa Rebeck, who is also an executive producer alongside DreamWorks TV’s Steven Spielberg, Darryl Frank and Justin Falvey. Craig Zadan and Neil Moron, who produced Hairspray, are teaming up with Grammy and Tony-winning songwriters Marc Shaiman and Scott Wittman to create original songs for the show.
Are you ready for another musical-based series on network TV? Think Glee has anything to worry about?