- Game of Thrones Trailer Has a Taste For VengeancePosted 2 weeks ago
- Game of Thrones: Nathalie Emmanuel Promoted For Season 5Posted 3 weeks ago
- Go Behind the Scenes of Game of Thrones Season 4Posted 4 weeks ago
- Get Excited Over Game of Thrones Season 4 Photos!Posted 1 month ago
- Game of thrones Season 4 Trailer: Don’t Expect Any JusticePosted 2 months ago
- HBO Announce Game of Thrones Season 4 Premiere Among OthersPosted 2 months ago
- Game of Thrones: Get A Good Look At The New MountainPosted 2 months ago
- Game of Thrones Reveals Identity of Styr, Casts Yuri KolokolnikovPosted 4 months ago
- Game of Thrones Season 4 Adds British Actor Joel FryPosted 5 months ago
- Game of Thrones Recasts The Mountain A Second TimePosted 6 months ago
Michael Fassbender – A Prometheus Tease?
If you don’t know actor Michael Fassbender (Inglorious Basterds) yet, get ready, because I predict his will be a household name by the end of 2011. The ruggedly good looking German-born Irish actor is currently filming the “bromance” X-Men: First Class in the role of Magneto, aka Erik Lensherr. That super hero prequel is due out June 3rd and is preceded by the March 11 premier of the latest incarnation of Jane Eyre, a fan-favorite, classic tale of romance, in which Fassbender is Mia Wasikowska’s star crossed love.
If iconic super heroes and period romances are not your cup of tea, then perhaps Aliens are. You heard me. EW.com released that director “Ridley Scott [has] announced that he would be making a prequel to his 1979 sci-fi epic Alien – the deep-space masterpiece that brought us H.R. Giger’s creepy facehuggers, Sigourney Weaver’s alpha-female Ripley, and one of the greatest scenes ever made with a monster exploding out of a man’s chest.” Yes, color us excited. But what’s that to do with Fassbender?
The film, titled Prometheus, which may not “actually be an Alien prequel,” but rather something offering what “keen fans will recognize [as] strands of Alien‘s DNA,” will star Noomi Rapace (of The Swedish version of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and upcoming Sherlock Holmes sequel) “in the lead,” with Charlize Theron, Idris Elba, and yes, Mr. Fassbender, as her co-stars, “all of whom were said to have signed secrecy clauses for the hush-hush flick.”
Want more? How about some SPOILERS!? You got it, but you were warned!
“It’s a different story, but it’s also got the traditional roots,” the actor said of the project. “Alien fans will recognize things in it. It’s not ignoring Alien, there’s still a link to that world. But it’s a different story. It’s definitely connected, though.” When asked if he’d be playing an android in the film, Fassbender laughs, “I don’t know what I can say!” But as he says this, he glances down at a damning tape recorder between us and nods affirmatively. “I don’t want to get into trouble…”
You heard it here, folks! Sounds like a nod to Winona Ryder as Annalee Call in Alien Resurrection (1997).