- HBO Grants Game of Thrones Epic Season 4Posted 50 days ago
- Dispute Gets Game of Thrones Actor The Tyson VS Holyfield TreatmentPosted 56 days ago
- Game of Thrones: George R. R. Martin Makes a Cameo in Season 4Posted 60 days ago
- Jon Snow & Ygritte Get Cozy In Game of Thrones Portraits!Posted 62 days ago
- Watch The Newest Game of Thrones Trailer!Posted 63 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is a Beast Waiting to be StirredPosted 65 days ago
- Game of Thrones Recap: Get Caught Up On Season 2Posted 72 days ago
- Game of Thrones Extended Season 3 Trailer Has Bears, Sex, Flaming Swords and Everything ElsePosted 78 days ago
- Game of Thrones: Shadowed Cast in New Season 3 PostersPosted 80 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is Chaotic in New Teaser from HBOPosted 100 days ago
Robin in Batman: Dark Knight Rises?
A quick little tidbit has been brought to our attention courtesy of Ain’t it Cool, that mentions an unidentified source as saying production crews for The Dark Knight Returns were looking at Fitzgerald Park and a water treatment plant in Grande Ledge, Michigan for areas that could be used as a hideout for Batman’s sidekick, Robin.
Until this little potential leak/rumor surfaced, there hasn’t been any mention of an appearance by the Boy Wonder, although a pretty smart commenter did bring up Robin as potential role for a former Third Rock from the Sun star.
While I can understand some of the less-than-polite reactions some Batman fans have after having endured Chris O’ Donnell’s spin as the caped crusader’s partner, we have to remember the Batman franchise was already being pounded into the ground at that point, and Robin is a consistent part of the Batman mythos so it’s only fitting that he make an appearance, especially since this is probably Nolan’s last time at the helm of a Batman movie, as well as Christian Bale’s final outing behind the mask.
The rebooted Batman has proven that the dark vigilante doesn’t have to be handled with a heaping helping of cheese and it was even proven that Jack Nicholson’s Joker wasn’t the ultimate clown prince of crime. I think it would great if it was also proven that Robin could be introduced into the movie storyline without making the thing totally suck.