- Time is Running Out for the Future of Game of ThronesPosted 7 days ago
- HBO Grants Game of Thrones Epic Season 4Posted 77 days ago
- Dispute Gets Game of Thrones Actor The Tyson VS Holyfield TreatmentPosted 83 days ago
- Game of Thrones: George R. R. Martin Makes a Cameo in Season 4Posted 87 days ago
- Jon Snow & Ygritte Get Cozy In Game of Thrones Portraits!Posted 89 days ago
- Watch The Newest Game of Thrones Trailer!Posted 90 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is a Beast Waiting to be StirredPosted 92 days ago
- Game of Thrones Recap: Get Caught Up On Season 2Posted 99 days ago
- Game of Thrones Extended Season 3 Trailer Has Bears, Sex, Flaming Swords and Everything ElsePosted 105 days ago
- Game of Thrones: Shadowed Cast in New Season 3 PostersPosted 107 days ago
Justin Timberlake and Robert Pattinson Up for Akira?
We’ve had a couple of false starts with the Warner Bros/Legendary Pictures live-action adaptation of Manga graphic novel Akira. James Franco came and went, deciding that Oz was a much better place to hang out. Mila Kunis was also being considered for a part in the film but she decided to follow in Franco’s footsteps. Now, Deadline brings word that Steve Kloves’ script has been sent to a short list of actors being considered for the roles of the two main characters.
The big screen version of Akira takes place in the future of New Manhattan, where Kaneda, a leader of a biker gang, saves his friend, Tetsuo, from a medical experiment… but not before the friend gains physic powers from the testing.
Robert Pattinson, Andrew Garfield and James McAvoy are being considered for the role of Tetsuo, and the part of Kaneda could go to Garrett Hedlund, Michael Fassbender, Chris Pine, Justin Timberlake, or Joaquin Phoenix.
Akira is being produced by Andrew Lazar, Jennifer Davisson Killoran, and Appian Way’s Leonardo DiCaprio, and is scheduled for an August start.