- HBO Grants Game of Thrones Epic Season 4Posted 49 days ago
- Dispute Gets Game of Thrones Actor The Tyson VS Holyfield TreatmentPosted 56 days ago
- Game of Thrones: George R. R. Martin Makes a Cameo in Season 4Posted 59 days ago
- Jon Snow & Ygritte Get Cozy In Game of Thrones Portraits!Posted 62 days ago
- Watch The Newest Game of Thrones Trailer!Posted 63 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is a Beast Waiting to be StirredPosted 65 days ago
- Game of Thrones Recap: Get Caught Up On Season 2Posted 71 days ago
- Game of Thrones Extended Season 3 Trailer Has Bears, Sex, Flaming Swords and Everything ElsePosted 78 days ago
- Game of Thrones: Shadowed Cast in New Season 3 PostersPosted 79 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is Chaotic in New Teaser from HBOPosted 99 days ago
Torchwood Miracle Day Teaser
Last week we got the shortest teaser ever for Torchwood: Miracle Day. I found it to be fairly underwhelming while still peeking my interest in the premise for the new series, what if one day everyone stopped dying. A “miracle day” if you will.
This week we got a new teaser, which is over a minute longer than last week’s. We get a nice download of information from just a minute and 18 seconds. We get shown a man (Bill Pullman) receiving a lethal injection and another being impaled by a metal rod; both surviving seemingly unharmed. There’s also a ton of action; guns firing and explosions. This kind of stuff is bound to excite the fans.
Since the show is switching settings from the UK to the States, there’s bound to be tonal shifts. For one thing, there won’t be as many quirky British sayings, just from the three returning main characters. Some of the best laughs come from different cultures interacting, so there should be plenty of situations for confusion.
Lastly, there’s an investigation into exactly what the Torchwood Institute was and how it can help figure out what’s happening around the world. Naturally that’s where Jack Harkness, Gwen Cooper and Rhys Williams come in. I’ll bet the Americans will be in for a shock if they ever find out Jack’s from the future and immortal.
The fourth series will serve as a reboot for its American audience, but is still a continuation of the previous continuity and will begin airing July 8.