- HBO Grants Game of Thrones Epic Season 4Posted 50 days ago
- Dispute Gets Game of Thrones Actor The Tyson VS Holyfield TreatmentPosted 57 days ago
- Game of Thrones: George R. R. Martin Makes a Cameo in Season 4Posted 60 days ago
- Jon Snow & Ygritte Get Cozy In Game of Thrones Portraits!Posted 63 days ago
- Watch The Newest Game of Thrones Trailer!Posted 64 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is a Beast Waiting to be StirredPosted 66 days ago
- Game of Thrones Recap: Get Caught Up On Season 2Posted 72 days ago
- Game of Thrones Extended Season 3 Trailer Has Bears, Sex, Flaming Swords and Everything ElsePosted 79 days ago
- Game of Thrones: Shadowed Cast in New Season 3 PostersPosted 81 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is Chaotic in New Teaser from HBOPosted 100 days ago
Will Ellen Pompeo Returns to Grey’s Anatomy Season 8?
It’s one thing for a show to lose its main character, but it’s another to lose a character whose name is in the main title. I’m not sure how fans will feel about the idea of Grey’s Anatomy with Meredith Grey. Things aren’t set in stone however, as TV Line spoke with series creator Shonda Rhimes about the possibilities of the show continuing past the eighth season.
“I really don’t know [who might re-sign] and I don’t presume to know,” Rhimes said. “Everybody has an individual choice to make and I get that.”
Ellen Pompeo and Patrick Dempsey are the only remaining original cast members. Pompeo hasn’t been very clear on whether she’d renew her contract for a ninth season, saying she hasn’t been asked about it yet. Should Pompeo decide not to return, it’s likely her character’s sister would take over as the Grey in the title.
“I would totally take that on -– if that were to be the case,” Chyler Leigh said during a September Fancast.com Q&A. “I don’t know where Ellen is [with her thinking], but that would seem like the logical next step.”
It’s good to know there’s some kind of a backup plan in place for the show. As long as the creative team can get behind it and it’s done well and they give Pompeo a good exit it shouldn’t be a problem. It’s good to keep in mind though that it’s still too early to tell anything for sure and all we can do is wait and see how things go during Season 8.