- HBO Grants Game of Thrones Epic Season 4Posted 48 days ago
- Dispute Gets Game of Thrones Actor The Tyson VS Holyfield TreatmentPosted 55 days ago
- Game of Thrones: George R. R. Martin Makes a Cameo in Season 4Posted 58 days ago
- Jon Snow & Ygritte Get Cozy In Game of Thrones Portraits!Posted 61 days ago
- Watch The Newest Game of Thrones Trailer!Posted 62 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is a Beast Waiting to be StirredPosted 64 days ago
- Game of Thrones Recap: Get Caught Up On Season 2Posted 70 days ago
- Game of Thrones Extended Season 3 Trailer Has Bears, Sex, Flaming Swords and Everything ElsePosted 77 days ago
- Game of Thrones: Shadowed Cast in New Season 3 PostersPosted 78 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is Chaotic in New Teaser from HBOPosted 98 days ago
DiCaprio Closing in on Tarantino’s Django? Will Smith Smith Out?
Whether you love him or hate him, you have to admit that Quentin Tarantino knows how to put together a stellar cast, and the latest from Deadline shows that his talent is still razor-sharp.
Leonardo DiCaprio is getting ready to enter into talks for the role of villainous ranch owner Calvin Candie in Django Unchained. In Tarantino’s spin on the classic spaghetti western genre, Candie is the owner of Candyland, a club/plantation in Mississippi where female slaves are used for sex and male slaves are forced to take part in “mandingo” style death matches. One of those female slaves is Django’s wife, and he’s determined to free her from the ruthless Candie.
Before he can do what needs to be done, Django has to learn how to take care of things, and a German dentist-turned-bounty hunter is the guy that’s going to teach him the tricks of the trade. Christoph Waltz (Inglourious Basterds) is expected to take the role of the bounty hunter and Samuel L. Jackson is the top contender for the role of Stephen, Candie’s valet who keeps the slaves in line.
The one character that seems to be completely up in the air at the moment is Django. Will Smith has been in negotiations for the part, but now his participation looks doubtful. Other names being tossed around for the lead role include Idris Elba, Jamie Foxx and Chris Tucker.
Personally, I can see Elba or Foxx in the part, but I’m having a hard time picturing Tucker as a kick-ass type of character.