- HBO Grants Game of Thrones Epic Season 4Posted 48 days ago
- Dispute Gets Game of Thrones Actor The Tyson VS Holyfield TreatmentPosted 55 days ago
- Game of Thrones: George R. R. Martin Makes a Cameo in Season 4Posted 58 days ago
- Jon Snow & Ygritte Get Cozy In Game of Thrones Portraits!Posted 61 days ago
- Watch The Newest Game of Thrones Trailer!Posted 62 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is a Beast Waiting to be StirredPosted 64 days ago
- Game of Thrones Recap: Get Caught Up On Season 2Posted 70 days ago
- Game of Thrones Extended Season 3 Trailer Has Bears, Sex, Flaming Swords and Everything ElsePosted 77 days ago
- Game of Thrones: Shadowed Cast in New Season 3 PostersPosted 78 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is Chaotic in New Teaser from HBOPosted 98 days ago
Elizabeth Hurley Brings Payne to Gossip Girl Season 5
The last time I watched Elizabeth Hurley was way back in 2002 when she starred in that awful Matthew Perry movie, Serving Sara. Her career hasn’t been that hot in recent years, only appearing in a couple of films. She co-starred in the Wonder Woman pilot earlier this year, but that burned up pretty gloriously. Now TV Line brings the news that she’s landed a gig on Gossip Girl.
Hurley will join the teen drama for multiple episodes as Diana Payne. Executive producers Stephanie Savage and Joshua Safran describe her as a “a sexy, smart, self-made media mogul and all-around force to be reckoned with. Diana’s entrance on the Upper East Side will change the lives of all our characters — including, and especially, Gossip Girl herself.” Sounds pretty typical of Gossip Girl. Everyone always seems to be causing somebody grief for some silly reason. Oh the drama.
Being a show filled with attractive rich girls and boys, Hurley just might fit in with the outlandishly fancy lifestyles of the main characters and that’s exactly what Safran and Savage think. “Elizabeth’s sense of humor, intelligence and beauty fit the GG world perfectly.” Let’s hope Hurley doesn’t phone it in like she did in Serving Sara. If she plays her cards right it could give her career a well needed revival.
Also joining the show’s fifth season in a recurring role is Roxane Mesquida. She’ll be playing the meddlesome sister of Blair’s fiancée, Prince Louis. Gossip Girl returns for its fifth season September 26 at 8/7c.