- HBO Grants Game of Thrones Epic Season 4Posted 47 days ago
- Dispute Gets Game of Thrones Actor The Tyson VS Holyfield TreatmentPosted 54 days ago
- Game of Thrones: George R. R. Martin Makes a Cameo in Season 4Posted 57 days ago
- Jon Snow & Ygritte Get Cozy In Game of Thrones Portraits!Posted 59 days ago
- Watch The Newest Game of Thrones Trailer!Posted 61 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is a Beast Waiting to be StirredPosted 63 days ago
- Game of Thrones Recap: Get Caught Up On Season 2Posted 69 days ago
- Game of Thrones Extended Season 3 Trailer Has Bears, Sex, Flaming Swords and Everything ElsePosted 76 days ago
- Game of Thrones: Shadowed Cast in New Season 3 PostersPosted 77 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is Chaotic in New Teaser from HBOPosted 97 days ago
The Men of HUNGER GAMES – First Look
Get ready to meet the leading men of Hunger Games! LionsGate just recently unveiled an incredible action poster to promote the upcoming film based on the Suzanne Collins dystopian novel of the same name. The film, due out next March, stars Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss Everdeen, a teen forced to compete in dark gladiatorial games on national television. Remember when Lawrence graced the cover of Entertainment Weekly in character? We sure do! Revisit that story by following the last link.
Now, it is the boys’ turn! Josh Hutcherson, 18, will be Peeta Mellark, a boy who saved Katniss’s life from starvation once upon a time and will be forced to suffer through the Games with her as the second tribute from her district. And Liam Hemsworth, 21, is Gale, a strong hunter and Katniss’ best friend from District 12. Interestingly enough, Hutcherson died his dark hair blonde for the role and Hemsworth’s hair is darker than I’ve seen it previously. AND Hemsworth’s older brother, Thor’s Chris Hemsworth is also sporting dark tresses for his new project, Snow White and the Huntsman. Eek, both brothers are even playing hunters!
According to EW, director Gary Ross “fought hard” to get Josh Hutcherson (The Kids Are Alright) into the role of Peeta. Today’s yummy image reveals the actor’s “newly pumped-up biceps.” Peeta is a baker’s son and you can imagine, has moved his fair share of bags of flour around.
Hutcherson addressed one misconception fans of the books are already having. “Jennifer’s not two feet taller than me!” he says, chuckling. “If anything, maybe she’s a half inch taller.”
And it was Ross who piped up, assuring fans that Liam Hemsworth, was the right man to portray Gale, saying, “On first glance he’s such a hunk that it’s easy to just sort of ascribe a hunk-like simplicity to him,” says the director. “But this is a phenomenally subtle actor.” That’s what I like to hear!
In a squee worthy note, EW says Hutcherson and Hemsworth “bonded hard during their six weeks together on set.” That’s adorable, ain’t it? “I think it’s going to blow people’s minds when they see that Peeta and Gale are actually best friends in real life,” says Hutcherson. You can pick up your own copy of the Entertainment Weekly issue with the fab fellas on the cover starting July 29th.