- Game of Thrones Reveals Identity of Styr, Casts Yuri KolokolnikovPosted 1 month ago
- Game of Thrones Season 4 Adds British Actor Joel FryPosted 2 months ago
- Game of Thrones Recasts The Mountain A Second TimePosted 3 months ago
- Game of Thrones Secretly Casts Michiel Huisman To Replace Daario NaharisPosted 3 months ago
- Game of Thrones Casts Joseph Gatt In Secret Role; Likely Playing StyrPosted 4 months ago
- Game of Thrones Snags Sherlock Co-Creator Mark Gatiss for Mysterious RolePosted 5 months ago
- Game of Thrones Crowns Spring’s Most Downloaded ListPosted 6 months ago
- Time is Running Out for the Future of Game of ThronesPosted 6 months ago
- HBO Grants Game of Thrones Epic Season 4Posted 8 months ago
- Dispute Gets Game of Thrones Actor The Tyson VS Holyfield TreatmentPosted 9 months ago
Zoey Deutch a Ringer with Sarah Michelle Gellar
There’s been a change of plans with the CW’s new Ringer, according to TVGuide, as Zoey Deutch steps in to replace Caitlin Custer as Juliet, the step-daughter of Siobhan (Sarah Michelle Gellar).
There’s been no word on why the change occurred, but original scenes from the pilot episode will now be re-shot with Deutch before the show premieres on Tuesday, September 13th at 9/8C. I’m glad the recast happened early enough for a do-over because it’s a personal pet peeve of mine to see characters change from pilot to series.
In Ringer, Juliet is the “wild child” daughter of Andrew (Ioan Gruffudd) and step-daugher to Siobhan. Former vampire slayer Gellar is pulling double duty in the new show as twin sisters Siobhan and Bridget, and things get potentially even more confusing when Bridget begins impersonating her sister while on the run from the mob.
If Deutch looks familiar to you, it might be because you recognize her from the Disney Channel’s The Suite Life on Deck, or possibly because you see some resemblance to her mother, Lea Thompson, who’s probably best known for her recurring role as Lorraine in the Back to the Future trilogy.
Not sure about Ringer? Check out the preview to see if you might need to add the new show to your DVR, and don’t forget to take a look at Sarah Michelle Gellar’s interesting fashion sense in the new Ringer promo poster.