- HBO Grants Game of Thrones Epic Season 4Posted 51 days ago
- Dispute Gets Game of Thrones Actor The Tyson VS Holyfield TreatmentPosted 58 days ago
- Game of Thrones: George R. R. Martin Makes a Cameo in Season 4Posted 61 days ago
- Jon Snow & Ygritte Get Cozy In Game of Thrones Portraits!Posted 64 days ago
- Watch The Newest Game of Thrones Trailer!Posted 65 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is a Beast Waiting to be StirredPosted 67 days ago
- Game of Thrones Recap: Get Caught Up On Season 2Posted 73 days ago
- Game of Thrones Extended Season 3 Trailer Has Bears, Sex, Flaming Swords and Everything ElsePosted 80 days ago
- Game of Thrones: Shadowed Cast in New Season 3 PostersPosted 82 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is Chaotic in New Teaser from HBOPosted 101 days ago
GAMES OF THRONES Season 2 – Imp gets a Hand
It’s a case of better late than never as Daniel Portman joins HBO’s Game of Thrones as Podrick Payne. Podrick, the squire of Tyrion Lannister (Peter Dinklage), actually shows up in the first book of the Song of Ice and Fire series, but it took him until Season 2 to find his way from page to screen in the cable network’s adaptation. His arrival still comes with good timing, though, because Tyrion heads to King’s Landing to become the King’s Hand, where Podrick will be “an invaluable ally” to the dwarf, according to Access Hollywood.
Portman, like some of the other new additions to the series, is still a Hollywood newbie, with a role in 2010’s Outcast with Karen Gillan and a part in the upcoming 2012 film, The Angel’s Share, as his only screen credits.
Podrick is following in the footsteps of a few other characters in Game of Thrones, with his age being altered a little bit from the character in the books. In Martin’s novels, the squire isn’t even a teenager yet but he’s been aged up for Portman. The change in age isn’t a major one so Thrones fans shouldn’t be too bothered by it.
Season 2 of Game Of Thrones premieres on HBO during Spring 2012.