- HBO Grants Game of Thrones Epic Season 4Posted 48 days ago
- Dispute Gets Game of Thrones Actor The Tyson VS Holyfield TreatmentPosted 54 days ago
- Game of Thrones: George R. R. Martin Makes a Cameo in Season 4Posted 58 days ago
- Jon Snow & Ygritte Get Cozy In Game of Thrones Portraits!Posted 60 days ago
- Watch The Newest Game of Thrones Trailer!Posted 61 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is a Beast Waiting to be StirredPosted 63 days ago
- Game of Thrones Recap: Get Caught Up On Season 2Posted 70 days ago
- Game of Thrones Extended Season 3 Trailer Has Bears, Sex, Flaming Swords and Everything ElsePosted 77 days ago
- Game of Thrones: Shadowed Cast in New Season 3 PostersPosted 78 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is Chaotic in New Teaser from HBOPosted 98 days ago
Amy Pond and Doctor Who in The Girl Who Waited Clips
This weekend marks another Doctor Who episode, with the focus shifting heavily to the wonderfully adorable Amy Pond in “The Girl Who Waited”. The best way to mark this special occasion (yeah that’s right, watching Doctor Who is like a wibbly wobbly, timey whimey holiday) is with three, count ‘em THREE, promos, each about 40 seconds in length. Let’s break these down shall we?
The first two seem to take place within the same scene with only a small time gap in between the clips. They feature the Doctor and Rory looking in to a mirror-like device, only instead of seeing their reflections they see Amy trapped in a similar room. The two-way mirror goes a little fritzy, as time distorts and Amy speeds up from Rory and the Doctor’s perspective. And then in walks some kind of robot (not the best costume work if you ask me) who at first seems threatening before informing the two (in the second clip) that they’re under quarantine from a disease that only infects Time Lords and other aliens with two hearts.
In the third clip we learn that the robots actually are a little hostile, as they chase down Amy and attempt to “cure” her, though she has no illness just bacteria the ‘bots are unfamiliar with. From the way things are blocked out, it seems like the robots see things through their hands. Odd. Their heads house an intense syringe-shooter, which they use on Amy, but thankfully miss. I hope there’s a really fantastic emotional story underneath all this, because I can’t get over how silly the ‘bots look.