- HBO Grants Game of Thrones Epic Season 4Posted 50 days ago
- Dispute Gets Game of Thrones Actor The Tyson VS Holyfield TreatmentPosted 56 days ago
- Game of Thrones: George R. R. Martin Makes a Cameo in Season 4Posted 60 days ago
- Jon Snow & Ygritte Get Cozy In Game of Thrones Portraits!Posted 62 days ago
- Watch The Newest Game of Thrones Trailer!Posted 63 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is a Beast Waiting to be StirredPosted 65 days ago
- Game of Thrones Recap: Get Caught Up On Season 2Posted 72 days ago
- Game of Thrones Extended Season 3 Trailer Has Bears, Sex, Flaming Swords and Everything ElsePosted 78 days ago
- Game of Thrones: Shadowed Cast in New Season 3 PostersPosted 80 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is Chaotic in New Teaser from HBOPosted 100 days ago
Jennifer Lawrence leads HUNGER GAMES Round-up
Is there a better way for a Hunger Games fan to start the weekend than with a new poster featuring Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss Everdeen? How about 7 more posters to go along it? Maybe you’ve grown a little tired of seeing Peeta, Gale, and Katniss hog up the spotlight lately, but these new promos also give us our first glimpse at a few characters that have remained hidden until now… including our very first peek at Woody Harrelson as Haymitch and Elizabeth Banks as Effi Trinket.
I think fans of Suzanne Collins’ Hunger Games series have finally come to accept Lawrence in the role of Katniss, and the new poster from Yahoo doesn’t really offer anything new. It’s not a bad pic, but Katniss is a girl of action so it just seems weird to see her in a formal pose. When it comes to our heroine, I prefer to actually see her doing something.
The posters of Gale and Peeta, provided by Moviefone and MTV, respectively, also don’t offer up any excitement. Again, they look good but they just seem a little drab after seeing the guys in the thick of things.
After our main trio, we start to wander into new territory and things liven up a bit. I’ve been curious about how Elizabeth Banks would look as Effie and it looks like she nails it perfectly. Unfortunately, the poster from EW.com can’t provide a voice, and Effie’s voice is so distinctive I think how Banks sounds will be what makes or breaks the character. Can she give off that giddy and excited vibe as she sends a group of kids off to face their deaths? I think she can, and I’m looking forward to seeing Effie on the big screen.
Another character I’ve been wondering about is Haymitch, and Woody Harrelson makes a presentable mentor in this new shot from IGN. I actually think Woody looks a little too presentable and I hope our reluctant alcoholic teacher looks a little rougher when we see him in the movie.
Fandango reveals Lenny Kravitz as a decent Cinna; there’s nothing wrong with the look. Cinna just wasn’t a stand-out character to me.
Finally, we have Tributes Rue and Cato, with Rue being introduced on Teen.com and Cato showing off on MSN. I don’t want to get into any spoilery territory but I see Rue making quite an impact when The Hunger Games plays out in theaters.
Is it wrong to be showered with so much Hunger Games goodness and still want more? Wrong or not, I hope someone rolls out a poster of Stanley Tucci as Caesar Flickerman soon because I’m dying to see him in blue eyeshadow.