- HBO Grants Game of Thrones Epic Season 4Posted 48 days ago
- Dispute Gets Game of Thrones Actor The Tyson VS Holyfield TreatmentPosted 54 days ago
- Game of Thrones: George R. R. Martin Makes a Cameo in Season 4Posted 58 days ago
- Jon Snow & Ygritte Get Cozy In Game of Thrones Portraits!Posted 60 days ago
- Watch The Newest Game of Thrones Trailer!Posted 62 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is a Beast Waiting to be StirredPosted 63 days ago
- Game of Thrones Recap: Get Caught Up On Season 2Posted 70 days ago
- Game of Thrones Extended Season 3 Trailer Has Bears, Sex, Flaming Swords and Everything ElsePosted 77 days ago
- Game of Thrones: Shadowed Cast in New Season 3 PostersPosted 78 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is Chaotic in New Teaser from HBOPosted 98 days ago
Mad Men’s Christina Hendricks Has a Need for Speed
Christina Hendricks’ Joan Holloway on Mad Men might find it hard to believe, but the curvy bombshell is taking on a new frontier as a digital babe in Electronic Arts’ new Need for Speed title.
With 17 games under their belt, the gang at Electronic Arts decided it was time to do something different with their Need for Speed franchise, and according to Variety, that different thing is adding in some Hollywood talent and an actual plot to provide more of a movie quality to their latest game, Need for Speed: The Run.
“It’s a different direction,” says Jason DeLong, executive producer of the title. “For the first time in the franchise, you actually see and control the driver. Obviously, the first priority is to have an amazing driving experience, but one of the things our fans have told us is that motivation is also really important. We wanted to work with Hollywood talent and tell a great story that serves as the punctuation mark to get the player engaged in the progression of the action.”
In Need for Speed: The Run, Christina Hendricks is a manager of street racers that comes up with the money for a “cocky wheelman” (The Vampire Diaries’ Sean Faris) to take part in a cross-country race after he gets in trouble with the mob.
While it’s a new direction for EA, it’s also something different for Hendricks, who has never starred in a video game. “It’s been fantastic fun to do something so different and to show a different side of myself as well,” says Hendricks.
Need for Speed: The Run will be released on November 15th.