- HBO Grants Game of Thrones Epic Season 4Posted 45 days ago
- Dispute Gets Game of Thrones Actor The Tyson VS Holyfield TreatmentPosted 52 days ago
- Game of Thrones: George R. R. Martin Makes a Cameo in Season 4Posted 55 days ago
- Jon Snow & Ygritte Get Cozy In Game of Thrones Portraits!Posted 58 days ago
- Watch The Newest Game of Thrones Trailer!Posted 59 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is a Beast Waiting to be StirredPosted 61 days ago
- Game of Thrones Recap: Get Caught Up On Season 2Posted 67 days ago
- Game of Thrones Extended Season 3 Trailer Has Bears, Sex, Flaming Swords and Everything ElsePosted 74 days ago
- Game of Thrones: Shadowed Cast in New Season 3 PostersPosted 76 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is Chaotic in New Teaser from HBOPosted 95 days ago
George R.R. Martin’s GAME OF THRONES gets Big Point
So, just how many Game of Thrones themed video games does this world need? The more the merrier, right? Potentially, today’s headline means, there will be an interactive Game of Thrones experience for everyone. Pick your poison because there should be at least three more different versions, for now!
When last Boomtron covered the very important topic of gaming the George R.R. Martin inspired world of fantasy and intrigue, there were two games to speak of. Cyanide Studios; you have got to adore that name, has published a Real Time Strategy (RTS) game called A Game of Thrones: Genesis. Have you played it yet? That one is sort of a prequel to what you watch on the HBO series.
Cyanide also has plans to unleash a wonderful Role Playing Game (RPG) to be published by Atlus. This one will continue the story past the prequel-esque origins and follow along as the novels do. I expect it will be a pretty hot seller. In fact, HBO has agreed to share video from the series with the developer for maximum impact! Cyanide has already been saying the RPG will be a lot like BioWare’s Knights of the Old Republic and Mass Effect.
So, what’s next? How about a free-to-play MMO? MMO refers to a massively multiplayer online game. According to USA Today, the game will come from Bigpoint.
That’s not all, either. The third new game is a social networking game that resembles FarmVille but takes place in Westeros, of course.
A Game of Thrones — Genesis is for the PC.
The Cyanide/ Atlus RPG would be for PS3, Xbox 360 and PC. It doesn’t have a name yet, but Martin himself says so far it “looks gorgeous.” Right on!
We will continue to follow news on the RPG, the MMO, and the social networking game just for you.