- HBO Grants Game of Thrones Epic Season 4Posted 49 days ago
- Dispute Gets Game of Thrones Actor The Tyson VS Holyfield TreatmentPosted 56 days ago
- Game of Thrones: George R. R. Martin Makes a Cameo in Season 4Posted 59 days ago
- Jon Snow & Ygritte Get Cozy In Game of Thrones Portraits!Posted 62 days ago
- Watch The Newest Game of Thrones Trailer!Posted 63 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is a Beast Waiting to be StirredPosted 65 days ago
- Game of Thrones Recap: Get Caught Up On Season 2Posted 71 days ago
- Game of Thrones Extended Season 3 Trailer Has Bears, Sex, Flaming Swords and Everything ElsePosted 78 days ago
- Game of Thrones: Shadowed Cast in New Season 3 PostersPosted 80 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is Chaotic in New Teaser from HBOPosted 99 days ago
Kristen Stewart To AKIRA after TWILIGHT?
The Twilight Saga’s Kristen Stewart might be traveling from rustic Forks, WA to futuristic New Manhattan as a love interest in the live-action adaptation of Manga/Anime comic, Akira.
Stewart has spent plenty of time in the spotlight as Bella Swan in the Twilight franchise and she’ll soon be seen on the big screen as a lead in Snow White and the Huntsman, but TwitchFilm brings word that she might soon step down into a supporting role as Kei in the US adaptation of Katsuhiro Otomo’s classic Akira.
The film revolves around the leader of a biker gang named Kaneda (played by Garrett Hedlund) who must rescue his friend, Tetsuo, from a government installation that runs experiments on people to unlock psychokinetic abilities. Kei is a medium that becomes Kaneda’s love interest.
Stewart has already taken on two iconic roles so it will be interesting to see if she’s willing to take on a third one. She’s practically worshiped by dedicated legions of Twihards and fairy tale territory has been staked out with her role as Snow White. Will she be winning the Manga and Anime fans to her side next?
One deciding factor could be her costars. Stewart previously worked with Hedlund in the upcoming adaptation of On the Road, so that could be a factor in choosing to take on Akira or passing on it. Since On the Road hasn’t hit theaters yet, it’s impossible to know if the two have chemistry but it would be a definite plus if things work out that way.
Filming on Akira is expected to begin Spring 2012.