- Game of Thrones Trailer Has a Taste For VengeancePosted 2 weeks ago
- Game of Thrones: Nathalie Emmanuel Promoted For Season 5Posted 3 weeks ago
- Go Behind the Scenes of Game of Thrones Season 4Posted 3 weeks ago
- Get Excited Over Game of Thrones Season 4 Photos!Posted 4 weeks ago
- Game of thrones Season 4 Trailer: Don’t Expect Any JusticePosted 2 months ago
- HBO Announce Game of Thrones Season 4 Premiere Among OthersPosted 2 months ago
- Game of Thrones: Get A Good Look At The New MountainPosted 2 months ago
- Game of Thrones Reveals Identity of Styr, Casts Yuri KolokolnikovPosted 4 months ago
- Game of Thrones Season 4 Adds British Actor Joel FryPosted 5 months ago
- Game of Thrones Recasts The Mountain A Second TimePosted 6 months ago
Kristen Stewart To AKIRA after TWILIGHT?
The Twilight Saga’s Kristen Stewart might be traveling from rustic Forks, WA to futuristic New Manhattan as a love interest in the live-action adaptation of Manga/Anime comic, Akira.
Stewart has spent plenty of time in the spotlight as Bella Swan in the Twilight franchise and she’ll soon be seen on the big screen as a lead in Snow White and the Huntsman, but TwitchFilm brings word that she might soon step down into a supporting role as Kei in the US adaptation of Katsuhiro Otomo’s classic Akira.
The film revolves around the leader of a biker gang named Kaneda (played by Garrett Hedlund) who must rescue his friend, Tetsuo, from a government installation that runs experiments on people to unlock psychokinetic abilities. Kei is a medium that becomes Kaneda’s love interest.
Stewart has already taken on two iconic roles so it will be interesting to see if she’s willing to take on a third one. She’s practically worshiped by dedicated legions of Twihards and fairy tale territory has been staked out with her role as Snow White. Will she be winning the Manga and Anime fans to her side next?
One deciding factor could be her costars. Stewart previously worked with Hedlund in the upcoming adaptation of On the Road, so that could be a factor in choosing to take on Akira or passing on it. Since On the Road hasn’t hit theaters yet, it’s impossible to know if the two have chemistry but it would be a definite plus if things work out that way.
Filming on Akira is expected to begin Spring 2012.