- HBO Grants Game of Thrones Epic Season 4Posted 46 days ago
- Dispute Gets Game of Thrones Actor The Tyson VS Holyfield TreatmentPosted 53 days ago
- Game of Thrones: George R. R. Martin Makes a Cameo in Season 4Posted 56 days ago
- Jon Snow & Ygritte Get Cozy In Game of Thrones Portraits!Posted 59 days ago
- Watch The Newest Game of Thrones Trailer!Posted 60 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is a Beast Waiting to be StirredPosted 62 days ago
- Game of Thrones Recap: Get Caught Up On Season 2Posted 68 days ago
- Game of Thrones Extended Season 3 Trailer Has Bears, Sex, Flaming Swords and Everything ElsePosted 75 days ago
- Game of Thrones: Shadowed Cast in New Season 3 PostersPosted 77 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is Chaotic in New Teaser from HBOPosted 96 days ago
Miley Cyrus is LOL
Miley Cyrus seems to be channeling her party girl persona in her new teen comedy, LOL, but the new trailer makes it appear that she’s treading down a weary path that has been beat to death on the big screen, and I’m not sure even the power of cellphones is enough to salvage this movie at the box office.
Miley has a huge fan base so there’s no doubt that LOL will make an impressive showing at the box office when it opens later this year, but that doesn’t mean it should. The film has all the expected elements – breaking up with the boyfriend, emotional angst over which new guy to choose, fights with the mother that just doesn’t understand, and one mega-party that lets everyone cut loose. There’s also lots of cellphone texting and a sudden trip to Paris that doesn’t seem to make any sense at all, at least not in the preview.
The title of the movie, LOL, is working double-duty this time around, standing for the text-speak of Laughing Out Loud, as well as a shortened form of Lola’s name. I think that’s about as creative as things get here.
In addition to Miley’s considerable star power, LOL also stars Demi Moore and the Twilight Saga’s Ashley Greene. How either of them ended up in this is beyond me.