- HBO Grants Game of Thrones Epic Season 4Posted 51 days ago
- Dispute Gets Game of Thrones Actor The Tyson VS Holyfield TreatmentPosted 58 days ago
- Game of Thrones: George R. R. Martin Makes a Cameo in Season 4Posted 61 days ago
- Jon Snow & Ygritte Get Cozy In Game of Thrones Portraits!Posted 64 days ago
- Watch The Newest Game of Thrones Trailer!Posted 65 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is a Beast Waiting to be StirredPosted 67 days ago
- Game of Thrones Recap: Get Caught Up On Season 2Posted 73 days ago
- Game of Thrones Extended Season 3 Trailer Has Bears, Sex, Flaming Swords and Everything ElsePosted 80 days ago
- Game of Thrones: Shadowed Cast in New Season 3 PostersPosted 82 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is Chaotic in New Teaser from HBOPosted 101 days ago
More Bane and Batman from Batman 3 Dark Knight Rises
Batman, also known as The Detective, has a wide variety of foes to keep the good people of Gotham City safe from. In general, these villains tend to fall within one of two categories. Either they are intellectual, forcing The Detective to flex his mental muscle, or they are physical, pushing Batman to the limit when it comes to gadgetry, strength, endurance, agility, and improvisation. Bane is a physical villain. He is all brawn, a born brawler. And for your viewing pleasure, we have new close ups of the man who might break the bat. Don’t get too close now.
Batman is also featured in these great new shots that come compliments of Entertainment Weekly and the Comic Book Movie special preview of their content. You’ll get even more baty goodness if you pick up this week’s print edition of the EW magazine. Christian Bale’s Dark Knight is gracing the cover.
In media news this week, thanks to his new picture, Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, a very suave Gary Oldman sneaks into these pics portraying the long suffering Commissioner Jim Gordon.
The film being promoted is, of course, Christopher Nolan’s third super hero epic, The Dark Knight Rises. We have seen very few shots of Catwoman, another villain to be featured in the sequel that’s due out this summer, but all in all there hasn’t been anything we have seen yet that really distinguishes her from other incarnations of Selina Kyle. It could be that Nolan is just going to surprise us, that he’s still keeping his kitten’s details under wraps. That being said, Nolan’s version of Bane is already looking very interesting.
Tom Hardy will bring Bane to life. He seems to be a terrorist in the trailers. I have to commend the way Nolan has reinvented Bane as one part Hannibal Lecter and two parts Goliath. Or perhaps the biblical giant isn’t the right comparison to use. Bane is often depicted as comically humungous, but so far, in what has been revealed in film promos, Tom Hardy’s Bane appears very human. He is buff, there is no question. He is intimidating for sure, but he’s also very realistic. That may make him the scariest Bane we have ever seen. I dare say that I think Heath Ledger would have approved of the Dark Knight Rises‘ Bane.