- Game of Thrones Reveals Identity of Styr, Casts Yuri KolokolnikovPosted 1 month ago
- Game of Thrones Season 4 Adds British Actor Joel FryPosted 2 months ago
- Game of Thrones Recasts The Mountain A Second TimePosted 3 months ago
- Game of Thrones Secretly Casts Michiel Huisman To Replace Daario NaharisPosted 3 months ago
- Game of Thrones Casts Joseph Gatt In Secret Role; Likely Playing StyrPosted 4 months ago
- Game of Thrones Snags Sherlock Co-Creator Mark Gatiss for Mysterious RolePosted 5 months ago
- Game of Thrones Crowns Spring’s Most Downloaded ListPosted 6 months ago
- Time is Running Out for the Future of Game of ThronesPosted 6 months ago
- HBO Grants Game of Thrones Epic Season 4Posted 8 months ago
- Dispute Gets Game of Thrones Actor The Tyson VS Holyfield TreatmentPosted 9 months ago
A Hero for TNT’s L.A. Noir
Ex hero is joining the dark side! Milo Ventimiglia best know his roles as Peter Petrelli on NBC’s hit show Heroes has recently been cast in L.A Noir. The new series will be run on TNT and is the new brain child of the former showrunner for The Walking Dead, Frank Darabont. Although it’s still in the early stages, L.A Noir has picked up Ventimiglia to play a key lead role in the pilot episode.
According to Deadline L.A Noir is a a fast-paced crime drama set in Los Angeles during the 1940s and ’50s. The show will tell the true story of a decades-long conflict between the LAPD, under the determined leadership of Police Chief William Parker, and ruthless criminal elements led by mobster Mickey Cohen. Cohen was a one-time boxer who rose to the top of L.A’s criminal world. This world is made of glamorous movie stars, influential studio executives, returning war heroes, a powerful and corrupt police force and an even more dangerous criminal network that is determined to make Los Angeles its base of operations. Ventimiglia will play Ned Stax a former Marine turned Lawyer who is being groomed to be a master “fixer” for the mob.
Also in negotiations for another lead in L.A Noir is The Walking Dead’s very own Jon Bernthal (Shane Walsh). Bernthal is being lined up to play Joe Teague, a fellow Marine who served with Ned Stax during WWII. So what does that mean for Shane Walsh? Those of you who are fans of the comic already know what’s coming for this character, or what should have happened already. Early on in the comic Shane is killed by Carl of all people. Carl didn’t want Shane threatening his dad and ends up shooting him – talk about growing up quickly. My guess is, since the plot for The Walking Dead has been twisted up enough, with the addition of characters that were not in the comic (Norman Reedus as Daryl Dixon – who is awesome by the way) to events that should have happened that didn’t, writers will have Shane simply leave. Hopefully he will take Andrea with him because we all know they’re made for each other in this series.
Darabont has made The Walking Dead a huge hit with audiences, and as he is set to write and direct L.A Noir it will be a great chance to see if he can duplicate his success with this new series. If Darabont can repeat his performance with L.A Noir, the show will bring in big ratings for TNT. With a plot that already reeks of intrigue and the addition of a phenomenal writer the series already has the makings of success. The cast is the icing on the cake.