- HBO Grants Game of Thrones Epic Season 4Posted 46 days ago
- Dispute Gets Game of Thrones Actor The Tyson VS Holyfield TreatmentPosted 53 days ago
- Game of Thrones: George R. R. Martin Makes a Cameo in Season 4Posted 56 days ago
- Jon Snow & Ygritte Get Cozy In Game of Thrones Portraits!Posted 59 days ago
- Watch The Newest Game of Thrones Trailer!Posted 60 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is a Beast Waiting to be StirredPosted 62 days ago
- Game of Thrones Recap: Get Caught Up On Season 2Posted 68 days ago
- Game of Thrones Extended Season 3 Trailer Has Bears, Sex, Flaming Swords and Everything ElsePosted 75 days ago
- Game of Thrones: Shadowed Cast in New Season 3 PostersPosted 77 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is Chaotic in New Teaser from HBOPosted 96 days ago
BONES Team Taps True Blood and Entourage for Fic Big Screen Duo
Something very meta is happening on Fox’s Bones. Long-time followers of this series are very aware of the quirky Dr. Temperance Brennan and her FBI partner Special Agent Seeley Booth, and how very often episodes reflect real world strangeness – for example, Zooey Deschanel appearing on the show opposite her sister Emily Deschanel (Dr. Brennan) as her second cousin. The commentary that followed…
Booth: Oh wow! Who’s this, your sister?
Brennan: No. Um, my second cousin.
Margaret (Zooey): I’m Margaret.
Brennan: There’s no resemblance.
It’s amusing because they do look ridiculously similar even for siblings, and of course, they are actually sisters. This kind of eccentricity is all over the series. But it is an integral part in making the show what it is. I wouldn’t be half as interested in the show if the characters were not as odd as they are. Quirky equals interesting and Bones is about to become even more interesting, and likely apt to confuse people once again as their new story arc mixes real-life people with a fictional setting.
TVLine gave us the scoop about the upcoming episode entitled The Suit on the Set. The episode will revolve around the production of a movie written by Brennan and featuring the characters, Dr. Kathy Reichs and Special Agent Andy Lister. Reichs and Lister are of course representations of Brennan and Booth but it becomes even more complicated than that boys and girls. Dr. Kathy Reichs is the real-life forensic anthropologist and author upon whom Brennan and the series are based. So, Emily Dechanel is playing Dr. Brennan who was based on forensic anthropologist Dr. Reichs and within the show, Brennan writes a movie basing a character on herself which is named Dr. Reichs whom the Brennan character is initially based on. Did you catch all that?
At least they are not having Brennan and Booth play Reichs and Lister. Cast as the big-screen Brennan and Booth are Ashley Jones (Bold and the Beautiful) and Jordan Belfi (Entourage). Jones can also be seen in True Blood as Daphne Landry. She worked alongside Sookie as a Merlotte’s waitress in eight episodes during season 2 of the HBO series. Belfi is probably best known for his role of agent to the stars Adam Davies in season 6 of Entourage, another HBO series. However, if you didn’t catch any of those episodes, you could also see Belfi as Josh Lindsey in the (sadly) short-lived CBS series Moonlight.
The Suit on the Set will air this spring so keep your eyes peeled to see how Booth reacts to his film counter part in this bizarrely meta episode!