- HBO Grants Game of Thrones Epic Season 4Posted 49 days ago
- Dispute Gets Game of Thrones Actor The Tyson VS Holyfield TreatmentPosted 55 days ago
- Game of Thrones: George R. R. Martin Makes a Cameo in Season 4Posted 59 days ago
- Jon Snow & Ygritte Get Cozy In Game of Thrones Portraits!Posted 61 days ago
- Watch The Newest Game of Thrones Trailer!Posted 62 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is a Beast Waiting to be StirredPosted 64 days ago
- Game of Thrones Recap: Get Caught Up On Season 2Posted 71 days ago
- Game of Thrones Extended Season 3 Trailer Has Bears, Sex, Flaming Swords and Everything ElsePosted 78 days ago
- Game of Thrones: Shadowed Cast in New Season 3 PostersPosted 79 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is Chaotic in New Teaser from HBOPosted 99 days ago
Die Hard 5 – A Good Day to Die Hard A Father and Son Affair
Fans get to look forward to another Die Hard movie as the franchise expands to include a fifth installment. This news comes after a global casting search which spanned several months to fill in a new and very key role. Don’t worry Bruce Willis fans, the infamous John McClane will certainly be in the fifth film, after all, what’s a Die Hard movie without Bruce Willis?
According to THR, this new incarnation of Die Hard, entitled A Good Day to Die Hard, John McClane finds himself in Moscow where he is reunited with his estranged son Jack. Now Jack is what all the fuss is about. The global search yielded one finalist for the character of Jack McClane. The winner of the prestigious new role is Jai Courtney. If readers happen to do a search for the actor you will see plenty of pictures of a slightly scruffy young man with relatively short, light brown hair but there is one picture that stands out and made my jaw drop. Courtney played the role of Varro in Spartacus: Blood and Sand. A bleach blonde, very well built guy, and I thought, NO WAY! I am a religious watcher of the Spartacus series and this one caught me off guard. Apparently hair color can make a huge difference for an actor.
I liked Varro, and Courtney for his portrayal of Varro, which gives me some high hopes for his role as Jack McClane. According to a press release issued by 20th Century Fox “Jack may even be more of a hardass than his father,” is that even possible? If father and son are so much alike then there will be head bashing going on, but of course they will need to set aside their differences and work together to stay alive and keep the world safe from the bad guys.
Although it’s a typical plot, the introduction of new characters can put a good enough spin on things to draw in audiences. In 2007′s Live Free or Die Hard, McClane’s daughter, Lucy (Mary Elizabeth Winstead), was introduced and eventually used as a pawn to draw out McClane near the end. Lucy added a female dynamic to the film although she too took after her father with her tough side.
All of the Die Hard movies have done well at box offices and it’s likely the fifth one will as well. Max Payne director John Moore is lined up for A Good Day to Die Hard so action sequences should be done well.
Despite being killed off in the Spartacus series, Courtney has other projects to look forward to. Not only will he be playing Jack McClane in A Good Day to Die Hard, he has lined up a role opposite Tom Cruise in One Shot, an adaptation of Lee Child’s mystery novel of the same name.
Keep watch for A Good Day to Die Hard which begins production this April, and has an expected release date of February 14th 2013.