- HBO Grants Game of Thrones Epic Season 4Posted 48 days ago
- Dispute Gets Game of Thrones Actor The Tyson VS Holyfield TreatmentPosted 55 days ago
- Game of Thrones: George R. R. Martin Makes a Cameo in Season 4Posted 58 days ago
- Jon Snow & Ygritte Get Cozy In Game of Thrones Portraits!Posted 60 days ago
- Watch The Newest Game of Thrones Trailer!Posted 62 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is a Beast Waiting to be StirredPosted 63 days ago
- Game of Thrones Recap: Get Caught Up On Season 2Posted 70 days ago
- Game of Thrones Extended Season 3 Trailer Has Bears, Sex, Flaming Swords and Everything ElsePosted 77 days ago
- Game of Thrones: Shadowed Cast in New Season 3 PostersPosted 78 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is Chaotic in New Teaser from HBOPosted 98 days ago
Gaze into GAME OF THRONES Season 2
Season 2 of Game of Thrones is not due to premiere until April, but two whole months seem like an awful long time for avid fans to wait. To ease the anticipation, or perhaps to heighten it, HBO has decided to release what amounts to a teaser to those of us awaiting the programs return.
Collider has kindly provided the audience with a collection of seventeen different photos from Game of Thrones season 2, which can also be seen below. The site also provides a synopsis of season 2 which is as follows; Summers span decades. Winters can last a lifetime. And the struggle for the Iron Throne has begun. It will stretch from the south, where heat breeds plots, lust and intrigues; to the vast and savage eastern lands; all the way to the frozen north, where an 800-foot wall of ice protects the kingdom from the dark forces that lie beyond. Kings and queens, knights and renegades, liars, lords and honest men…all will play the ‘Game of Thrones.’ Pretty exciting right? Although the synopsis doesn’t lend much to what will be happening in season 2 and the stills do little to quash the burning questions fans have for the next chapter in the series. While most of the bits of information out there lead you to believe that all out war will be hitting every land in this fictional world of Westeros, there is still more to look forward too.
With an already large cast, Game of Thrones Season 2 will be adding approxiately sixteen new faces although some of those will be in guest or recurring appearances. Among the new faces are Stephen Dillane (Perfect Sense), Nonso Anozie (RocknRolla), Jeyne Westerling, who amazingly enough is Charlie Chaplin’s granddaughter and had a bit role as a receptionist in Quantum of Solace. Another of the new cast members is Natalie Dormer whom everyone has most certainly seen in the Showtime series The Tudors playing the role of King Henry the IIIV`s second wife, Anne Boleyn. Although there are too many to mention, the additional cast will surely make an already fantastic show even more impressive.
As quickly as these characters are born, they will likely also perish. It would be wise not to become too attached to any particular person in this series as any die hard fan would surely know. The lesson was learned when Eddard Stark, who gave the impression of “main character” lost his head near the end of season 1. And, after the initial shock of Bran Stark (Isaac Hempstead Wright) being pushed out of a castle window by Jamie Lannister (Nikolaj Coster-Waldau) wears off, you learn quickly that anything can happen.
Well will all have to bide our time until Game of Thrones season 2 debuts on April 1st. Until then we will have to rely on the newly released photos and teaser trailers to give us our Game of Thrones fix.