- Time is Running Out for the Future of Game of ThronesPosted 8 days ago
- HBO Grants Game of Thrones Epic Season 4Posted 77 days ago
- Dispute Gets Game of Thrones Actor The Tyson VS Holyfield TreatmentPosted 84 days ago
- Game of Thrones: George R. R. Martin Makes a Cameo in Season 4Posted 87 days ago
- Jon Snow & Ygritte Get Cozy In Game of Thrones Portraits!Posted 90 days ago
- Watch The Newest Game of Thrones Trailer!Posted 91 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is a Beast Waiting to be StirredPosted 93 days ago
- Game of Thrones Recap: Get Caught Up On Season 2Posted 99 days ago
- Game of Thrones Extended Season 3 Trailer Has Bears, Sex, Flaming Swords and Everything ElsePosted 106 days ago
- Game of Thrones: Shadowed Cast in New Season 3 PostersPosted 108 days ago
Sherlock, Spock and Saldana tease Trek 2!
Edit: Images removed by editor’s choice.
Get ready Trekkies, J.J Abrams next Star Trek movie is in production! Although Star Trek 2 has been shrouded in secrecy regarding its title and plot, pictures from the set have emerged on the internet giving fans a quick glimpse into the Star Trek world.
The second installment will bring back all the characters you saw in Abrams’ first rendition, Chris Pine as Kirk, Simon Pegg as Scotty, Karl Urban as Bones, John Cho as Sulu and Anton Yelchin as Chekov. The photos from the film set have popped up on sites such as MTV, Yahoo! Movies, PopSugar, Toofab and Comingsoon.net but if you want a quick look at them, we have gathered them for you to see below (courtesy of the previously mentioned sites).
The leaked pictures show Spock (Zachary Quinto) locked battle with the unknown Benedict Cumberbatch (Sherlock Holmes from BBC’s Serlock) character. Spock uses the famed Vulcan Death Grip on his adversary but perhaps he hasn’t practiced the move enough because it looks as though Cumberbatch’s villainous character is strong enough to break the paralyzing move. Others photos show Uhura (Zoe Saldana) using a phaser and what we can only assume as her coming to the aid of Spock.
Cumberbatch’s character has piqued curiosities since very little is actually known about him. All we can gather from the photos is that he appears to be the villain in this movie. But was he a friend before he turned bad? Several of the pictures shows the character wearing a black Starfleet shirt. This shirt is very similar – if not the same – to the one Kirk wore in the first movie before he was promoted to an officer. So does that make Cumberbatch’s character from Starfleet?
Anther question on the minds of fans is how will the film be shot? Abrams had initially mentioned interest in shooting parts of the film in IMAX but the topic was soon overshadowed by the film’s casting. The leaked photos have indeed ignited more questions about casting – specifically on who Cumberbatch’s character really is – but if you look close enough, in one of the photos you may have your answer to the IMAX question.
If the photo’s are any indicator, the new Star Trek movie will be just as action packed as its predecessor. Also, with the use of the green screen, fans will likely get a very CGI friendly movie. But these factors only spur us on. Nothing will stop us from hitting the theatres when Star Trek 2 finally comes out. We still have some time to wait though. Since the film is in production right now the anticipated release date is sometime in May 2013. Keep checking in as we bring you the latest news on the Star Trek 2 film, and be sure to check out the pictures from the set!