- Game of Thrones Reveals Identity of Styr, Casts Yuri KolokolnikovPosted 4 weeks ago
- Game of Thrones Season 4 Adds British Actor Joel FryPosted 2 months ago
- Game of Thrones Recasts The Mountain A Second TimePosted 3 months ago
- Game of Thrones Secretly Casts Michiel Huisman To Replace Daario NaharisPosted 3 months ago
- Game of Thrones Casts Joseph Gatt In Secret Role; Likely Playing StyrPosted 4 months ago
- Game of Thrones Snags Sherlock Co-Creator Mark Gatiss for Mysterious RolePosted 5 months ago
- Game of Thrones Crowns Spring’s Most Downloaded ListPosted 6 months ago
- Time is Running Out for the Future of Game of ThronesPosted 6 months ago
- HBO Grants Game of Thrones Epic Season 4Posted 8 months ago
- Dispute Gets Game of Thrones Actor The Tyson VS Holyfield TreatmentPosted 9 months ago
TRANSFORMERS 4 in 2014?
Was Transformers: Dark of the Moon a hit or a miss? Well, regardless of your opinion, the action sequel took home $1.124 billion at the worldwide box office and has a place at No. 4 on the all-time highest grossing list. What does that mean in Holywood-ese? It means it could be time for a 4th movie.
Paramount Pictures has announced that 2014 could be the year for Transformers 4. ComingSoon.net had the news. That means the summer of 2014 will be another summer for epic robot battles. In fact, the latest breaking news, directly by MTV is, Mr. Michael Bay will be back to handle directing duties. Producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura has confirmed it.
The details were flushed out during the New York City Toy Fair where Hasbro previewed toys for Paramount’s G.I. Joe: Retaliation.
In fact filmmakers compared the idea of another Transformers sequel to the upcoming G.I. Joe sequel. Instead of going into full reboot mode, it was suggested than some characters could return and some could retire. Though the new 2014 film would follow a continuity, the plan now is for it to “definitely be a different story.”
Is it just me, or are semi-reboots coming on quicker and quicker? Matt Damon is still Bourne in mind, and yet, we’re about to meet Jeremy Renner in as a different character in the same mythos. Likewise, Tobey Maguire is still Spider-Man to loads of fans, but the world is about to be introduced to Andrew Garfield as the new Peter Parker. Before you know it, a reboot will follow the very next year after a film comes out, before you can even start to forget the details of it’s predecessor. Around the water cooler there will be confusion. Which film was that? The one with so and so, or so and so? There are so many, I’ve lost count. That sort of thing. Yikes!