- HBO Grants Game of Thrones Epic Season 4Posted 52 days ago
- Dispute Gets Game of Thrones Actor The Tyson VS Holyfield TreatmentPosted 59 days ago
- Game of Thrones: George R. R. Martin Makes a Cameo in Season 4Posted 62 days ago
- Jon Snow & Ygritte Get Cozy In Game of Thrones Portraits!Posted 65 days ago
- Watch The Newest Game of Thrones Trailer!Posted 66 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is a Beast Waiting to be StirredPosted 68 days ago
- Game of Thrones Recap: Get Caught Up On Season 2Posted 74 days ago
- Game of Thrones Extended Season 3 Trailer Has Bears, Sex, Flaming Swords and Everything ElsePosted 81 days ago
- Game of Thrones: Shadowed Cast in New Season 3 PostersPosted 83 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is Chaotic in New Teaser from HBOPosted 102 days ago
Assassin’s Creed 3 Gets Revolutionary
Video games just keep getting better and better. Graphics have come a long way as we see game play mirroring real world crispness. Video games have taken us to unimaginable worlds – places like City 17, Raccoon City, Silent Hill and Azeroth have become just as important as backgrounds, if not more important than the characters and weapons of a game. Ubisoft creator of the Assassin’s Creed games, is stepping up and taking us to a new world in their upcoming Assassin’s Creed III.
Ubisoft’s new game which is set to be released October of this year, will take you to Colonial America and rumours of a new protagonist for this story are abound. The gaming company has released a trailer for their third instalment of Assassin’s Creed, which can be viewed below. The trailer shows the protagonist as he moves quickly and stealthily through a snow covered forest. He quietly takes out his enemies, which in this case appear to be the British. The hero, Connor, is half English and half Mohawk Indian. He clashes with the white colonists who burn the Mohawk village down, causing Connor to dedicate his life to confronting tyranny and injustice. Overall, the story is still centred around the Assassins and the Templars, and now includes Connor’s journey.
Instead of climbing city walls and jumping over water wells and cobble streets, the protagonist can be found up high on cliffs and scaling trees, rocks and mountains like it’s second nature. Connor’s weapon of choice, the tomahawk and a well hidden knife. Centered on the Frontier, this area of wilderness is said to be one and a half times bigger than all of Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood. And while traversing the Frontier, you will meet up with all kinds of Frontier elements including hunting and pelt gathering and both Colonial and Native American villages, which of course play an important role in the overall storyline.
There have also been rumours about the differences in game play combat as well such as;
- Connor’s favoured weapons – the tomahawk and knife will be a “constant presence” in battle.These weapons let you do double counters and multiple takedowns, as well as chain kills.
- There will be no more target locking. Counter/defence will be the same button to prevent defensive turtling.
- You can use human shields and other context sensitive moves.
- There are lots of secondary attacks.
- New camera views track game action making it look as cinematic as possible.
- A new sprinting system allows you to instantly turn around and start fleeing from combat. You are also able to kill people while still moving so you can keep chasing a target.
Assassin’s Creed III looks like it will not disappoint fans of the previous games, and looks as though it may lure in new blood if the game play reflects the graphics in the trailer. Pick up your copy of Assassin’s Creed III when it hits shelves October 30th.