- HBO Grants Game of Thrones Epic Season 4Posted 50 days ago
- Dispute Gets Game of Thrones Actor The Tyson VS Holyfield TreatmentPosted 56 days ago
- Game of Thrones: George R. R. Martin Makes a Cameo in Season 4Posted 60 days ago
- Jon Snow & Ygritte Get Cozy In Game of Thrones Portraits!Posted 62 days ago
- Watch The Newest Game of Thrones Trailer!Posted 64 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is a Beast Waiting to be StirredPosted 65 days ago
- Game of Thrones Recap: Get Caught Up On Season 2Posted 72 days ago
- Game of Thrones Extended Season 3 Trailer Has Bears, Sex, Flaming Swords and Everything ElsePosted 79 days ago
- Game of Thrones: Shadowed Cast in New Season 3 PostersPosted 80 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is Chaotic in New Teaser from HBOPosted 100 days ago
Cassandra Clare Announces The Dark Artifices
Popular young adult author Cassandra Clare is giving fans of her best-selling The Mortal Instruments series a new group of Shadowhunters to fawn over. Clare, who is still writing books for the for her current Shadowhunter series has recently signed on to a three book deal which will continue the stories of the part-angel demon-fighting Nephilim.
Margaret K. McElderry Books, an offshoot of Simon & Schuster Children’s Publishing, announced Tuesday that Clare has agreed to a three-book deal for The Dark Artifices. The new fantasy series is a spin off of her highly popular Mortal Instruments series and will be set in modern day Los Angeles. The plot for the first book which is still untitled will follow “Emma Carstairs, the fiercest warrior and most skilled young Shadowhunter since Jace Wayland, and Emma’s sworn partner in arms, Julian Blackthorn. Despite Emma’s complicated feelings for Julian, the two must band together to investigate a demonic plot that stretches from the warlock-run nightclubs of the Sunset Strip to the enchanted sea that pounds the beaches of Santa Monica.”
The first book of The Dark Artifices is due out in 2015 but don’t worry fans, book five of The Mortal Instruments will be out this May and a sixth and final book will be released in March of 2014. So there are plenty more adventures to come with Jace, Clary, Will, Tessa and Jem before the new crew takes over.
Clare is confident that readers will love her new set of characters just as they did the old, “I know readers will come to love Emma, Mark, Cristina and Julian just as they have loved Jace, Clary, Will, Tessa and Jem,” she said. “Readers have often asked what will happen in the Shadowhunter world after the events of the `Mortal Instruments’ and this series will give them a chance to find out.”
There is a lot to look forward to with Cassandra Clare and her fantasy world of Shadowhunters. More than 6 million copies of Clare’s novels have sold worldwide since she debuted five years ago with City of Bones, and continues to top charts with the books following in The Mortal Instruments series. It will undoubtedly be a repeat of the same when she debuts The Dark Artifices. But before she was the popular young adult author she has come to be, Clare got her start as a fan fiction writer, which consists of creating new stories about popular literary characters and settings. She published Harry Potter fan fiction on FanFiction.net in 2000-01 so there is still hope for us yet young writers! We too can be published one day!
Until the new series comes out, we can tide ourselves over with the last two books in The Mortal Instruments. Look for book five entitled City of Lost Souls when it hits shelves May 8th.