- Time is Running Out for the Future of Game of ThronesPosted 8 days ago
- HBO Grants Game of Thrones Epic Season 4Posted 77 days ago
- Dispute Gets Game of Thrones Actor The Tyson VS Holyfield TreatmentPosted 84 days ago
- Game of Thrones: George R. R. Martin Makes a Cameo in Season 4Posted 87 days ago
- Jon Snow & Ygritte Get Cozy In Game of Thrones Portraits!Posted 90 days ago
- Watch The Newest Game of Thrones Trailer!Posted 91 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is a Beast Waiting to be StirredPosted 93 days ago
- Game of Thrones Recap: Get Caught Up On Season 2Posted 99 days ago
- Game of Thrones Extended Season 3 Trailer Has Bears, Sex, Flaming Swords and Everything ElsePosted 106 days ago
- Game of Thrones: Shadowed Cast in New Season 3 PostersPosted 108 days ago
Downton Abbey Season 3 – The Mother in Law
Downton Abbey is quite the guilty pleasure and the casting news of the century is, that Ms. Shirley MacLaine is joining the cast for series three. This is a match made in TV heaven and today we’re proud to be able to offer some details on Downton Abbey season 3.
Elizabeth McGovern plays Cora Crawley, the Countess of Grantham. She’s the first lady of Downton, but she’s also an American. Though she has a very warm relationship with her British husband, the Earl of Grantham (they even share a bedroom, which is not the norm), the pair did not initially marry for love. It was her money that made Cora so desirable.
I call Cora the first lady of Grantham, but the truth of it is, when the Earl’s mother is around, the Dowager Countess Violet Crawley, acted brilliantly by Maggie Smith, she’s in charge. Perhaps not legally in charge, but she has her way just the same.
Now it is time to meet Cora’s mother. She could be just as much of a spitfire as Violet. In fact, I daresay, that’s what fans are hoping to see; A good-old fashioned cat fight, but with tea and corsets and probably very frilly hats.
According to the Daily Mail, MacLaine is on the set of Downton now and has already begun filming. Of course, no great lady of the era travels alone. She has been spotted in a motor car, being driven about with her ladies’ maid, Miss Reed, played by Lucille Sharp.
We know thus far that MacLaine’s character is from New York and in photos from the set we see, just as I suspected, she has a large and very fancy hat. She’s no stranger to those, either. She dressed that way for the 2008 TV movie, Coco Chanel. When we learn more, you will, too!
Are you excited for Downton Abbey’s return?