- HBO Grants Game of Thrones Epic Season 4Posted 52 days ago
- Dispute Gets Game of Thrones Actor The Tyson VS Holyfield TreatmentPosted 59 days ago
- Game of Thrones: George R. R. Martin Makes a Cameo in Season 4Posted 62 days ago
- Jon Snow & Ygritte Get Cozy In Game of Thrones Portraits!Posted 65 days ago
- Watch The Newest Game of Thrones Trailer!Posted 66 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is a Beast Waiting to be StirredPosted 68 days ago
- Game of Thrones Recap: Get Caught Up On Season 2Posted 74 days ago
- Game of Thrones Extended Season 3 Trailer Has Bears, Sex, Flaming Swords and Everything ElsePosted 81 days ago
- Game of Thrones: Shadowed Cast in New Season 3 PostersPosted 82 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is Chaotic in New Teaser from HBOPosted 102 days ago
Jennifer Lawrence Has Game in HUNGER GAMES Tease
Excitement for The Hunger Games is continuing to grow. Lionsgate is not relenting in its quest to make the film the next big thing. Their marketing campaign ranges from trailers to television spots and even poster art and stills from the film. They have even come up with a Hunger Games game! All of this is not unusual for a marketing campaign – most companies follow this procedure to lure in the audiences and draw attention to their film.
To tease Hunger Game fans once again, Lionsgate has released a very short clip to give anyone who has read the book a chance to see one of the best scenes contained in the novel come to life. For those who have not yet read the book, this is a chance to get a sneak peek of Katniss Everdeen – the main character – and the mad archery skills she’s got.
The clip, which can be seen below is a taunting and irritating 39 seconds. It begins with Katniss in a room with the gamemakers. She shows off her skills by using her bow and arrow to hit the middle of the target set up for her across the room. The elite crowd is unphased by Katniss’ skill and she becomes irritated by their inattention. This moment shows the fire that is in Katniss and it is very well done for a scene that is merely seconds long. Fueled by her anger, and in an attempt to gain their attention, Katniss takes her bow and arrow and shoots the apple out of a roast pigs mouth which is sitting on a table clear across the other side of the room which is surrounded by the game creators. This action certainly makes the higher ups take notices but unfortunately this is where the clip ends.
I’m sure making a 39 second clip end at a moment that draws in viewers is completely intentional. Viewers will be drawn in due to their curiosity of what will come next. What will the rich say to Katniss after such a display? Will they be impressed or will they be angered by her actions? Even if you have read the books you can still wonder what may come. Hollywood does have a tendency to shake things up a little. The teaser trailer does a great job in creating a moment that makes you want to watch the movie, even if you were never interested in watching it before.
The Hunger Games will hit theatres this spring on March 23rd. Put away your sparkling vampires and break out your bow and arrows, its time to give some love to the girl with guts! Be sure to watch the new clip for The Hunger Games below, I promise it will be an awesome 39 seconds and you’ll be excited for the movie, and angry that the clip was so short! Enjoy!