- Game of Thrones Trailer Has a Taste For VengeancePosted 2 weeks ago
- Game of Thrones: Nathalie Emmanuel Promoted For Season 5Posted 3 weeks ago
- Go Behind the Scenes of Game of Thrones Season 4Posted 4 weeks ago
- Get Excited Over Game of Thrones Season 4 Photos!Posted 1 month ago
- Game of thrones Season 4 Trailer: Don’t Expect Any JusticePosted 2 months ago
- HBO Announce Game of Thrones Season 4 Premiere Among OthersPosted 2 months ago
- Game of Thrones: Get A Good Look At The New MountainPosted 2 months ago
- Game of Thrones Reveals Identity of Styr, Casts Yuri KolokolnikovPosted 4 months ago
- Game of Thrones Season 4 Adds British Actor Joel FryPosted 5 months ago
- Game of Thrones Recasts The Mountain A Second TimePosted 6 months ago
Michonne Revealed – Onward to The Walking Dead Season 3!
With the Season 2 finale of The Walking Dead now behind us (spoilers follow), we begin looking onward to Season 3 and the newly revealed character of Michonne. Just before a zombie ripped Andrea apart, a mysterious, hooded woman brandishing a katana and leading two zombies by chain saved her. The chained zombies had their arms and jaws removed, so they wouldn’t be biting anyone. We never saw her face, but this is without a doubt the character of Michonne, a favorite from the comic book series.
THR announced Treme’s Danai Gurira would be playing Michonne when Season 3 begins production in May. Her introduction is part of The Walking Dead’s transition into a new world. That shot of Michonne leading the zombies and carrying her sword was unlike anything seen of TWD so far. It was a completely different visual than we’ve been accustomed to and makes everything just little bit weirder. Weird is good in my opinion, and let’s face it; nothing about a zombie-filled world should be normal.
When looking for the right actress to play Michonne, the producers wanted someone who could embody the qualities that make Michonne who she is. She’s a loner and a badass. This won’t be entirely the same Michonne from the books. While they’ll share attributes with each other, the TV version will be a new take on the character. I’m excited to see what they will do with her. I’m open to the idea of trying something new with Michonne, so long as they make her as good with a sword as she is in the comic.