- HBO Grants Game of Thrones Epic Season 4Posted 52 days ago
- Dispute Gets Game of Thrones Actor The Tyson VS Holyfield TreatmentPosted 59 days ago
- Game of Thrones: George R. R. Martin Makes a Cameo in Season 4Posted 62 days ago
- Jon Snow & Ygritte Get Cozy In Game of Thrones Portraits!Posted 65 days ago
- Watch The Newest Game of Thrones Trailer!Posted 66 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is a Beast Waiting to be StirredPosted 68 days ago
- Game of Thrones Recap: Get Caught Up On Season 2Posted 74 days ago
- Game of Thrones Extended Season 3 Trailer Has Bears, Sex, Flaming Swords and Everything ElsePosted 81 days ago
- Game of Thrones: Shadowed Cast in New Season 3 PostersPosted 83 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is Chaotic in New Teaser from HBOPosted 102 days ago
Pixar’s BRAVE in Japan – new scenes!
Brave is making its way across the globe as Japan gets its first glimpse of the movie trailer. Opening in 3D and 2D theatres in North America on June 22nd, the animated adventure takes on a new twist in the trailer created for Japanese audiences.
The trailer, which can be seen below has several new scenes from the film and takes on a new tone which is completely different from the one created for American audiences. In the new clip, a story emerges about the forest and its delicate balance with the Kingdoms it surrounds. Merida, voiced by Kelly Macdonald, is out to challenge her destiny and the traditions of her Kingdom but in doing so, she unleashes a curse upon herself and her land. The American trailer focuses on Merida and her destiny and being the brave young girl, the diamond in the rough breaking medieval traditions. The Japanese trailer focuses more on Merida being brave enough to face this dreaded curse that has been unleashed and bringing the forest and her Kingdom back in to balance.
The artwork as always is stunning for the animated feature-film. The poster released in Japan, as seen at the top of the article, to promote Brave has been changed a little bit as well. The still fiercely red-headed young girl living in the Scottish Highlands stands out against the blue and green backdrop of the forest and the seemingly mysterious mist that rises around her. Here, Merida stands tall against the beasts that await her rather than crouching stealthily to sneak up on her opponents as she is portrayed in one of the American posters. Either way Pixar markets the animation, I’m sure the audience response will be the same. It will be a response of delight and awe as we all watch Merida taking a stand for herself and her Kingdom.
The new scenes included in the Japanese trailer show Merida riding her steed through the darkened forest, working in the stables, a brief glimpse of the witches brew which causes Merida all her problems, and a breathtaking view of the young princess scaling a cliff. There are of course many more scenes that give us a look in to Merida’s world, too many to list, so have a look at the new trailer where Merida becomes more than an impetuous young girl.
Japanese audiences will have to wait until July to see the film. Fortunately North Americans do not have to wait that long. Brave looks like it will be incredible to watch in 3D, the background art and how the scenes are drawn from certain perspectives will lend themselves quite nicely to at 3D look. Watch Brave in theatres June 22nd and enjoy your glimpse of the new scenes!