- HBO Grants Game of Thrones Epic Season 4Posted 53 days ago
- Dispute Gets Game of Thrones Actor The Tyson VS Holyfield TreatmentPosted 59 days ago
- Game of Thrones: George R. R. Martin Makes a Cameo in Season 4Posted 63 days ago
- Jon Snow & Ygritte Get Cozy In Game of Thrones Portraits!Posted 65 days ago
- Watch The Newest Game of Thrones Trailer!Posted 67 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is a Beast Waiting to be StirredPosted 68 days ago
- Game of Thrones Recap: Get Caught Up On Season 2Posted 75 days ago
- Game of Thrones Extended Season 3 Trailer Has Bears, Sex, Flaming Swords and Everything ElsePosted 82 days ago
- Game of Thrones: Shadowed Cast in New Season 3 PostersPosted 83 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is Chaotic in New Teaser from HBOPosted 103 days ago
Disney Goes Harmony Korine: SPRING BREAKERS, Selena Gomez, Vanessa Hudgens Sullied
Say what you will about former Disney stars, they pull off downward spirals with aplomb. In the case of Vanessa Hudgens and Selena Gomez, Spring Breakers is their express ticket to the gutter.
Slated to release in 2013, Spring Breakers is the latest cinematic screed of teen doom from Harmony Korine. Kids ring a bell, my fellow thirty-somethings? Korine is notorious for slicing away any pretty veneer of youthful behavior and exposing the hazardous mass of teeming hormones beneath.
Of course, in the case of Selena Gomez and Vanessa Hudgens, Spring Breakers is only a fictional descent. No bona fide jailbird cred like Britney and Lindsay for them. Right?
Bullshit. It’s a slippery slope, people, and all the warning signs are there.
The first big red flag: It’s a Harmony Korine film. Kids scandalized a generation of parents by exposing what their little darlings were really up to. No actor walked out of that thing without serious art-house sleaze hovering about their reputation like a “walk of shame” funk.
Gummo, Harmony Korine’s next execrable offering, turned his ferocious camera from the urban to the rural. Aimed at Xenia, Ohio, a rancid armpit of small-town America, Gummo was majestically repugnant.
Now, with Spring Breakers, Korine is bringing some vile to Girls Gone Wild. Selena Gomez, Vanessa Hudgens, Ashley Benson – Pretty Little Liars fame – and Korine’s wife, Rachel Korine, are teens getting crazy on one of those infamous Florida spring breaks.
Be warned. The cheesecake element will be secondary to the moral corruption. Already Gomez is reporting that the film pushed her limits. That doesn’t sound like much, but where Korine is concerned, it should sound like a euphemism.
At least she had fun pretending to get arrested.
“Fun,” Harmony Korine style, usually involves graphic AIDS-ridden teen sex, wholesale cat slaughter, domestic abuse, and a holocaust of young brain cells. What lies in store for Selena, Vanessa and Ashley Benson, Spring Breakers‘ release alone can tell.
One thing’s for sure, though. These young ladies are now on an acting career path that will bring them by the Criminal Complex a lot more frequently than the Mickey Mouse Club.