- HBO Grants Game of Thrones Epic Season 4Posted 53 days ago
- Dispute Gets Game of Thrones Actor The Tyson VS Holyfield TreatmentPosted 59 days ago
- Game of Thrones: George R. R. Martin Makes a Cameo in Season 4Posted 63 days ago
- Jon Snow & Ygritte Get Cozy In Game of Thrones Portraits!Posted 65 days ago
- Watch The Newest Game of Thrones Trailer!Posted 66 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is a Beast Waiting to be StirredPosted 68 days ago
- Game of Thrones Recap: Get Caught Up On Season 2Posted 75 days ago
- Game of Thrones Extended Season 3 Trailer Has Bears, Sex, Flaming Swords and Everything ElsePosted 82 days ago
- Game of Thrones: Shadowed Cast in New Season 3 PostersPosted 83 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is Chaotic in New Teaser from HBOPosted 103 days ago
Emily Blunt, Joseph Gordon-Levitt In New Images From LOOPER
LOOPER Mania Continues To Ramp Up
Rian Johnson’s third film, Looper, continues to storm the internet, and even a casual reader of the Complex could tell you that we are all for it. Though our collective love for Brick is not unanimous (*cough*Converse*cough*), we do have to sheepishly admit that we, like pretty much the global movie-going public, all managed to miss The Brothers Bloom, Johnson’s sophomore effort from 2008. And if we had even considered giving Looper the same (lack of) treatment, the PR machine over at Sony would have had a thing or two to say about that.
You don’t have to be a brain surgeon to figure why the studio is getting behind what would generally considered a fringe indie effort, kinda like Primer but with more guns. Though Primer was a smart, entertaining (if not exactly action-packed) little indie, it was lacking in the heavy-hitters that Looper can brag about, and rightly is.
Emily Blunt is the pretty little English lady who’s become quite the silver-screen darling here in the colonies since her big break in The Devil Wears Prada. You may have gathered that we at the Complex have largely missed her body of work, but that’s likely to change if she delivers in this film, and I certainly have no reason to doubt she will. Joseph Gordon-Levitt has made great strides to shake his child-actor image, appearing in Brick and other indie flicks, upping his stock as a serious actor. Now he’s ready to hit the mainstream again, with not only Looper but a role in this summer’s highly anticipated The Dark Knight Rises.
But of course, Bruce Willis is the biggest name here by far, even if he’s conspicuously absent from these new images. And whether we like it or not, it’s Bruce and his steely Bruce Willis gaze that’s gonna bring this film the attention it deserves. True story: this last weekend, my lady and I went to see Cabin in the Woods (excellent, excellent motion picture, by the way) in a theater full of yahoos, as theatres often are. During the trailers for such middle-of-the-road junk as Safe, most of the dudes in the crowd oohed and aahed at their girlfriends, and that only doubled when the trailer for The Expendables 2 rolled. Not to sit in judgement of anybody for their horrible taste or anything, but really, it’s fish in a barrell, isn’t it? But then the full theatrical trailer for Looper rolled, and I’ll be damned if the whole theatre didn’t almost break out into applause. See, I think people want interesting plots and premises like those of Looper more than they want a sequel to a movie nobody really wanted. But (and I think this is understandable) they’d appreciate having a familiar face to greet them to a new director like Rian Johnson. If Bruce Willis in Looper can do for Johnson what Bruce Willis in Pulp Fiction did for Tarantino, then you’ll hear no complaints out of us.
Anyways, dig these images (via Collider):