- HBO Grants Game of Thrones Epic Season 4Posted 52 days ago
- Dispute Gets Game of Thrones Actor The Tyson VS Holyfield TreatmentPosted 59 days ago
- Game of Thrones: George R. R. Martin Makes a Cameo in Season 4Posted 62 days ago
- Jon Snow & Ygritte Get Cozy In Game of Thrones Portraits!Posted 65 days ago
- Watch The Newest Game of Thrones Trailer!Posted 66 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is a Beast Waiting to be StirredPosted 68 days ago
- Game of Thrones Recap: Get Caught Up On Season 2Posted 74 days ago
- Game of Thrones Extended Season 3 Trailer Has Bears, Sex, Flaming Swords and Everything ElsePosted 81 days ago
- Game of Thrones: Shadowed Cast in New Season 3 PostersPosted 83 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is Chaotic in New Teaser from HBOPosted 102 days ago
JUSTIFIED Season 3 Finale Kills In Ratings
Justified is such a success for FX, it’s downright criminal. The Season Three finale this week, “Slaughterhouse,” ran roughshod over TV Land. I have no clue what happened in Marshal Raylan Givens’ scabrous neck of the woods this Tuesday night, but I am sure-as-shootin’ there was homicide to be had in high volume.
One thing’s for dead certain, the finale flat-out killed in the ratings.
I mean every-damn-body was watching this thing. Maybe one of you helpful folks would chime in and tell me what you thought of the Justified Season 3 finale.
Lord knows, there are enough of you out there.
2.67 million of you, to be exact. Well, kind of exact. Dealing with those soaring numbers is kind of like horseshoes and hand grenades in my opinion: Close counts.
To put that in perspective, almost as many people tuned in to see Justified gallop to its seasonal end as signed up to watch The Client List debut. That’s something to swagger about, as the Justified demographic is spread a lot thinner than Lifetime’s.
So, speaking of demographics, who did Justified blow away this Tuesday night? Here’s the butcher’s bill:
Older adults (25-54) favored Justified to the true wet-end whippersnappers out there. 1.43 million of the former beat out an uncouth 597,00 from the 18-34 population.
And, not shockingly, Justified roped in more braves than squaws. Again, the larger population share came from the older set, with males 25-54 (967,000) leading, followed by males 18-49 (926,000) and then males 18-34 (420,000).
You work out the math on that spread and a picture emerges: Justified viewers tend to be males between the ages of 35 and 54. I guess that makes me marginally advanced for my age, but otherwise a bullseye for the profile.
So I guess you best take my opinion with a lick of salt, considering I’m the choir that Justified is preaching to. That having been said, when I say it’s the best episodic crime drama this side of the pay-channel divide, I have a big posse backing me up.