- Time is Running Out for the Future of Game of ThronesPosted 7 days ago
- HBO Grants Game of Thrones Epic Season 4Posted 76 days ago
- Dispute Gets Game of Thrones Actor The Tyson VS Holyfield TreatmentPosted 83 days ago
- Game of Thrones: George R. R. Martin Makes a Cameo in Season 4Posted 86 days ago
- Jon Snow & Ygritte Get Cozy In Game of Thrones Portraits!Posted 89 days ago
- Watch The Newest Game of Thrones Trailer!Posted 90 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is a Beast Waiting to be StirredPosted 92 days ago
- Game of Thrones Recap: Get Caught Up On Season 2Posted 98 days ago
- Game of Thrones Extended Season 3 Trailer Has Bears, Sex, Flaming Swords and Everything ElsePosted 105 days ago
- Game of Thrones: Shadowed Cast in New Season 3 PostersPosted 107 days ago
LOOPER Teaser Hits Web. Hard.
Rian Johnson’s Looper Trailer
Among us here at the Complex, there are those who are big fans of the movie Brick. I don’t happen to be one of them. Brick starred Joseph Gordon-Levitt in the first role that really pried him loose from his 3rd Rock From The Sun persona and pushed him out a little futher into the solar system. It was directed by a fella named Rian Johnson, from whom you can expect to be hearing plenty more.
My problem with Brick was that I felt it to be over-stylized, particularly in terms of the dialogue. There are those who will be quick to point out, possibly while editing this very piece, that the style was the very point of the thing (Thanks for saving me the trouble.–ed).
Wouldn’t be the first time I missed the point. Wouldn’t even be the first time today.
So I bailed on it midway through, and have not as of yet backtracked to pick up where I left off. Nor did I find myself especially motivated to watch The Brothers Bloom, which was the next film in the Rian Johnson canon.
Luckily, in the course of executing my duties here, trailers and snippets of things to which I might not normally give a moment’s attention are foisted upon me with some regularity. Fortunate am I in this, or I might have whiffed on the new Rian Johnson/Joseph Gordon-Levitt collab, Looper, due out September 28th.
The word’s been out on this puppy for some time, as Johnson is already assembling a rabid, David Lynch-esque following, but it wasn’t until the trailer was released that I was awoken from my crochety fog to take notice. A palletload of awesome awaits below:
You’ll notice that they have Gordon-Levitt all gussied up to look like a square-jawed pre-action hero. There is a method to this madness. Gordon-Levitt plays a younger version of the same character played by Bruce Willis, and in the film is sent back through time to assasinate himself. It’s unclear from the trailer whether or not the Gordon-Levitt incarnation might be a little more chill if he knew there were several years with Demi Moore in between.
Feel free to watch the above teaser about ten times, as I already have, and then, if necessary, set your personal Wayback Machine for a little remedial Brick and Brothers Bloom.
I know I will.