- Time is Running Out for the Future of Game of ThronesPosted 7 days ago
- HBO Grants Game of Thrones Epic Season 4Posted 76 days ago
- Dispute Gets Game of Thrones Actor The Tyson VS Holyfield TreatmentPosted 83 days ago
- Game of Thrones: George R. R. Martin Makes a Cameo in Season 4Posted 86 days ago
- Jon Snow & Ygritte Get Cozy In Game of Thrones Portraits!Posted 89 days ago
- Watch The Newest Game of Thrones Trailer!Posted 90 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is a Beast Waiting to be StirredPosted 92 days ago
- Game of Thrones Recap: Get Caught Up On Season 2Posted 98 days ago
- Game of Thrones Extended Season 3 Trailer Has Bears, Sex, Flaming Swords and Everything ElsePosted 105 days ago
- Game of Thrones: Shadowed Cast in New Season 3 PostersPosted 107 days ago
Robert Pattinson Surrounded – Uma Thurman, Kristin Scott Thomas and Christina Ricci
Twilight Breaking Dawn’s Robert Pattinson without Kristen Stewart, still surrounded by the ladies
For an actor or actress to appear in a period drama, they would have to have a certain look in order to fit the period. Who can picture Sylvester Stallone or even Angelina Jolie in a period drama? Granted females could probably fit a little easier than males but in the long run you need to have “the look”. Period pieces are not exactly popular at the moment but perhaps Robert Pattinson in Bel Ami can start up the trend again in Hollywood.
Bel Ami was written by French author Guy de Maupassant and published in 1885. The film adaptation is also set in the 1800′s and stars Robert Pattinson as Georges Duroy, Uma Thurman as Madeleine Forestier, Kristin Scott Thomas as Virginie Walters and Christina Ricci as Clotilde de Marelle. The story follows Georges as he elevates his social status by sleeping with the elite women of Belle Époque Paris. Released at the Berlin Film Festival earlier this year, Bel Ami has not gained many fans. Someone must have liked it since it now has a U.S release date of early June this year. Acting aside, the costumes of the period drama a certainly a sight to behold.
The grandiose costumes are what’s making the movie watchable in some critics eyes and most are not pleased with the performance Pattinson delivers. I say don’t be too hard on the guy, he is trying to shed his Twilight stigma! The true test for Pattinson will be when David Cronenberg’s Cosmopolis is released into theatres.
The beautiful costumes and beautiful women prance across the screen soaking up the audience’s attention. Perfectly pinned hair and big gorgeous dresses are the name of the game, and, as Hollywood believes, bigger is better! Or is it? As Bel Ami makes its way to American movie theatres, the film as opted for a new poster – which can be seen at the top. Of course it still consists of Pattinson and his three love interests but this poster is bigger – and that equals better right? Front and centre is Pattinson with his lazy and often sleepy look. Though I’m sure this equals “hotness” with the younger crowd or Twihards. And did they have hair gel back then? His lightly slicked hair could just be from not showering. The ladies in the background all look as lovely as can be, gazing out, or perhaps at Georges with an alluring look, except for Kristin Scott Thomas who looks a little spacey. Overall a splendid portrait of a man and his consorts.
I will not hate on the movie because truthfully I haven’t seen it yet, but the movie poster is quite intriguing. Its colourful to attract our wandering gazes and big enough to catch our attention and make us wonder about the film, so their ploy just might work in luring us in to see the movie itself. Readers, what do you think of the new poster? Even though Bel Ami has not received stellar reviews will you go see it still?
Bel Ami will have its U.S premiere on June 8th 2012.