- HBO Grants Game of Thrones Epic Season 4Posted 46 days ago
- Dispute Gets Game of Thrones Actor The Tyson VS Holyfield TreatmentPosted 53 days ago
- Game of Thrones: George R. R. Martin Makes a Cameo in Season 4Posted 56 days ago
- Jon Snow & Ygritte Get Cozy In Game of Thrones Portraits!Posted 59 days ago
- Watch The Newest Game of Thrones Trailer!Posted 60 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is a Beast Waiting to be StirredPosted 62 days ago
- Game of Thrones Recap: Get Caught Up On Season 2Posted 68 days ago
- Game of Thrones Extended Season 3 Trailer Has Bears, Sex, Flaming Swords and Everything ElsePosted 75 days ago
- Game of Thrones: Shadowed Cast in New Season 3 PostersPosted 77 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is Chaotic in New Teaser from HBOPosted 96 days ago
Spartacus Vengeance to Spartacus Season 3
Spartacus Vengeance and the future of Starz’ Spartacus (season 3) Clarified
Spartacus: Vengeance aired its finale this past Friday and it was certainly a game changer for the series, leaving us, the fans, wondering: where will Season 3 take us? Not only was it an epic episode of television in general, but also it went out killing off an incredible six of the major characters. If your eyes didn’t bug out then you must not have read that properly, so I’ll say again: six main characters died. That’s a huge number for a television show! You almost never see that. One or two, yes. Sometimes three. But six? It’s not often a network agrees to killing of characters, but this is Starz. They aren’t your usual network. Subscription cable sort of does whatever it wants.
In an interview with TVLine, executive producer Steven S. DeKnight spoke about the decision to kill all of these characters, among other topics. Characters such as Lucretia and Ilithyia (who’s death was more ambiguous, but was confirmed by DeKnight) were taken out because they didn’t fit in with the direction the show would be taking in its third season. In fact, Lucy Lawless wasn’t originally going to return to play Lucretia in Vengeance, but the idea of making her crazy, seeming to recover, only to reveal she’s still crazy and then kill herself and a baby was just too tempting.
Spartacus Season 3 (which better have a sweet title) will remove the cast from familiar settings such as Ludus and Capua, as new character Crassus pursues Spartacus and his fellow rebels across the country. Part of the reason so many characters were killed off was to make room for new blood. Aside from Crassus, there will be a young Julius Caesar, as well as a couple of Romans and three new female characters. These new characters will not only have big shoes to fill, but they’ll also have to stand out. As an example, the new female characters won’t be anything like Lucretia or Ilithyia. They will be completely unique.
Spartacus Season 3 had better hurry up and get here.