- HBO Grants Game of Thrones Epic Season 4Posted 50 days ago
- Dispute Gets Game of Thrones Actor The Tyson VS Holyfield TreatmentPosted 56 days ago
- Game of Thrones: George R. R. Martin Makes a Cameo in Season 4Posted 60 days ago
- Jon Snow & Ygritte Get Cozy In Game of Thrones Portraits!Posted 62 days ago
- Watch The Newest Game of Thrones Trailer!Posted 64 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is a Beast Waiting to be StirredPosted 65 days ago
- Game of Thrones Recap: Get Caught Up On Season 2Posted 72 days ago
- Game of Thrones Extended Season 3 Trailer Has Bears, Sex, Flaming Swords and Everything ElsePosted 79 days ago
- Game of Thrones: Shadowed Cast in New Season 3 PostersPosted 80 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is Chaotic in New Teaser from HBOPosted 100 days ago
Syfy’s DEFIANCE – Mia Kirshner and Fionnula Flanagan join Julie Benz
Syfy’s latest project, Defiance, co-starring Dexter’s Julie Benz (and the only reason this pilot is on my radar), is receiving an extra boost of womanhood with the inclusion of veteran Fionnula Flanagan and Mia Kirshner. Now, because this is a Syfy pilot, you can expect there to be a science fiction element to it, something neither of these three are new to. Benz, who plays Amanda, got her start many years ago on Joss Whedon’s Buffy the Vampire Slayer; Kirshner has spent her share of time on the CW’s The Vampire Diaries, but Flanagan takes the cake with her confusing, yet important role as Eloise Hawking on Lost. Even a couple years after that show’s end and I’m still not sure what was going on with the seemingly all-knowing Eloise.
As reported by Deadline, Flanagan will be playing a popular ex-mayor of the town of Defiance, Nicky, whose time in office has given her a level of expertise that has allowed her assume the position of mentor to her successor, Amanda. Kirshner will be portraying Kenya, the self-assured, dauntless town madam. She has an unwavering devotion to Defiance, a devotion that has seen her become wrapped up in all its complicated affairs.
Defiance is set in the near future around a completely transformed Earth. A universal war has left survivors, some of which live in Defiance, one of the few cities still offering any sense of normality. It stars Grant Bowler as Jeb Nolan, the law-keeper of Defiance. The pilot is scheduled to being production this month in Toronto. It was written and executive produced by Rockne S. O’Bannon. Apparently an online video game was developed alongside the pilot, which I suppose is kind of cool. Even if the pilot bombs they might be able to make a couple bucks off the game. That is, if it’s any good.